Fist of Fury question

Guest MacLeod613

Guest MacLeod613

In the original Bruce Lee "Fist of Fury," in the scene where Lee stumbles across the two men who poisoned Huo Yuan-jia's food, he's able to tell that one of the men is Japanese because the man is not wearing a shirt.

How is he able to do this?

I'm asking in all honesty and seriousness, because I've never understood this scene.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest killer meteor

Yeah, mostly because the camera focuses on his Japanese nipples even though he is played by a Chinese actor. Perhaps they should have put in the dialogue something that said he was Japanese but then Lo Wei was never a man for doing the simple thing

Guest stormybman

No, gentlemen, it's because the villan was sporting a Japanese girddle, which Lee eyes when he bursts through the door. The guy pulls up the girddle like suspenders, before the ensuing fight.

:D

Guest stormybman

Another note on this film, in the original language, it is interpreted that Chen Chen is Hua Yuan Chia's favorite pupil, not necessarily his best. In fact, upon his first visit to the Japanese dojo, Chen explains in Mandarin original dialogue, " I'm the worst student at Ching Wu..." before the fighting begins. It's supposed to be his unorthodox approach to fighting that Master Hua loved about Chen, and it plays well throughout the film because he doesn't employ the style of the rest of the students. This often gets lost when this film is discussed. This is also why Lee was perfect for this role. :D

Archived