POWER KIDS - more wild Thai action...with kids!

udar55

This is from the same company that produced Tony Jaa's stuff and CHOCOLATE. Some pretty intense stuff in there, especially since the leads are all kids (including the girl from SOMTUM).

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1zCWvZVrOo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1zCWvZVrOo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like the attack of the mini-Tony Jaas and mini-Jeeja Yanins! At least Johnny Nguyen gets to play the lead villain, so there may be hope for a decent finale pitting Nguyen and the kids.

Guest Yi-Long

I'm sure it will be more interesting than 3 ninjas, plus usually kids are fun to watch when they fight on-screen because of the flexibility and general monkey-like abilities... ;)

I doubt it will any Oscars, obviously, but it could be fun to watch nontheless.

i feel like their startin to use Muay Thai as a gimmick to market films ...

it's starting i agree.

anyways, i suspect there are other forms of martial arts that originate from Thailand other than Muay Thai and Muay Boran.

Muay Thai is one of those styles that looks so amazingly raw on screen so it's not surprising they are starting to churn out muay thai films.

If these kids are well trained and the chereography is good this film will be as fun to watch as Ong Bak, Tom Yun Goong and Chocolate, somehow i feel a cheesey storyline development but hey its kids lol

Guest Yi-Long

There have been thousands of Kung Fu movies, where everyone is doing kung-fu poses and chops and forms....

... and now there are a couple of 'thai' action movies that focus their action on brutal and stylished 'muay thai', and all these Kung Fu fanboys are upset it might be a bit too much of 'the same'!?!?

Come on now, people.

This movie made me have faith in kids doing martial arts, after 3 ninjas or whatever their called I thought only adults could do martial arts.

Looks like Die Hard...with kids.

Looks like fun. I don't mind the use of Muay Thai as long as the choreography is entertaining to watch.

This is out on Thai VCD now. Look at this final fight between three kids and Johnny Nyguen. It starts about 48 seconds into this clip and gets amazing about 2 minutes in. I've never seen kids involved in such a violent brawl before.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnXRsoyHRos&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnXRsoyHRos&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thedirtytiger

The film is quite good, the action is ok and the characters are quite likable, however the story is very bad and needed a decent script writer. It's out on DVD now but no English :( The director is my friend and a very nice guy, he used to work with Panna so of course the action is good. :)

DarkWarrior

Hell yeah this film is outstanding!

Kids kicking ass the right way.No campy comedy crap just whup ass.

This film one of my fav of the year & a landmark in film history.Never has a fight scene with kids vs adults has been taken so seriously.

We,ve seen films with kids but never on this level of action.

There are films like....The New legend Of Shaolin,Iron Monkey(Donnie Yen version)Thundering Mantis-The poor kid gets drunk & dies but the fight was campy.

But nothing as powerful as this.

It was ok. Was a really short movie, just over 70 minutes. Action wise was decent with many flying elbow and knee variations as usual. Problem was most of these moves were shot in slow motion much like Born to Fight.

There have been thousands of Kung Fu movies, where everyone is doing kung-fu poses and chops and forms....

... and now there are a couple of 'thai' action movies that focus their action on brutal and stylished 'muay thai', and all these Kung Fu fanboys are upset it might be a bit too much of 'the same'!?!?

Come on now, people.

Yi you hit the nail on the head. This is pretty decent. Add it to the list of the latest from Thailand. And if they keep working with these kids, we may see action troupes like that of Jackie/Sammo/Biao and even the Venoms resurface.

That end fight was pretty badass, the kids looked great and I agree, could be a couple little Jaas in the making.

When is Johnny Nyguen going to get his due? Everything I've seen him in he kicks ass(although I thought he was wasted in TYG), he's got the abilities to be right up there with Yen and Jaa.

And I for one love the Muay Thai, it's just as entertaining as any Kung Fu style, fast and brutal it's no gimmick.

it's coming out in the US... a quick question: there are a lot of slow motion scenes or not? i just watched the trailer and i was shocked of how many slow motion scenes there were....

VenomsFan
it's coming out in the US... a quick question: there are a lot of slow motion scenes or not? i just watched the trailer and i was shocked of how many slow motion scenes there were....

not many, more to the effect at the end of a crazy sequence. not done overall at all. amazing to see kids performing this stuff.

not many, more to the effect at the end of a crazy sequence. not done overall at all. amazing to see kids performing this stuff.

uhmm sounds better that way... let's see...thx

Archived