Big Bad Sis

Tosh

Hell yeah this is what I'm talking about, and to think I've been sitting on this movie for over a year, right from the credits it had a feeling close to the Delinquent, in a way it's very much like a female Delinquent, but manages to be more brutal and heartfelt at the same time, brutal because when your talking female abuse it turns sexual which makes it way worse, the female bonding scenes rival any Chang Cheh male bonding film even if it starts to get a little hokey towards the end.

Ping Chen was badass, she's not the most attractive girl in the film but does she kick some ass when it comes down to it, Wong Chun plays the a total opposite character from his delinquent in this.

The moral of the story? When all else fails call in Chen Kuan Tai to clean house at the end. Was really expecting a more violent ending to this, maybe they were setting it up for a sequel? Anyway another great modern actioner from Shaw, even if it does bog down a bit in the middle.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I liked this movie too. It had elements of Kiss Of Death, with the weird sexy elements & it was a lot like the Delinquent, too, a film which I really like. I'm sitting on a copy of Big Brother Cheng right now. I haven't had the time to watch it, but I heard its cut from the same cloth as Big Bad Sis.

This is a great film. One of my favourites.

The action is so tense that I was, at times, literally watching on the edge of my seat.

I still need to see the Delinquent. I really didn't like Chen Ping for a long time until I saw her contemporary movies. Now I'm a fan. She really got her ass whupped and still managed to come back. And Chen Kuan Tai was too cool with the butterfly collar leather jacket and turtleneck. All he needed was an apple cap. I agree the female bonding was cool. I wish stuff like this came on tv (direct tv atleast). I'm dying to see Lady Exterminator too.

Archived