Anyone else seen King of Kings?

Guest iron flag

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all of Jo Kuo's early ones are worth catching. You could tell he really worked out things that most independent directors weren't thinking about at the time.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Found out that the original title is Son Of Swordsman from 1969. Informed Amazon and hope they will add an "aka".

Guest morgoth

Ivy Ling- if you have not seen this movie, watch it ASAP! I found it just as good as Wang Yu's 'The Sword'. Not as good acting or directing, but the fight scenes are way better. And the lead actor is awesome. He is a serious badass.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Hi morgoth

I have not seen King Of Kings aka Son Of Swordsman or Wang Yu's The Sword.

I am getting confused about The Sword. Doesn't Wang Yu also have a Joy Sales VCD titled The Invincible Sword or something like that? Which of these 2 sword movies are better? I guess when there is Jimmy, there are no fighting females, right?

Thanks for the tip. Will pick up King Of Kings since it has Chang Ching-ching who's one of the ladies who can really swing the sword.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Hi guys

Should I get King Of Kings or Son Of Swordsman? Which one is better? Both star Peter Yang Qin and Chang Ching-ching. Isn't that kinda strange?

It's strange but Peter Yang Qin was never known for his wu xia skills. I know he is an award-winning actor though.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Hi ironfistedmonk

Which one highlighted Chang Ching-ching's wu xia skills more?

When I was growing up, Chang Ching-ching seemed to be THE wu xia actress around and even Cheng Pei-pei took a back seat for some time.

Guest morgoth

I don't really want to give anything away, but the girl is not in King of Kings very much. She does look pretty badass though.

It's strange but Peter Yang Qin was never known for his wu xia skills. I know he is an award-winning actor though.

Actually, he was in quite a few wuxia films even prior to the success of From the Highway. Just over the years, they've been swept under the rug to paint him as a more serious actor.

Son of Swordsman was I believe a sequel to King of Kings. SOS was only available on a Taiseng vhs without subs (here in the US at least) until this print resurfaced and thankfully available on Crash. I don't know about the training bkgd of Cheung Ching Ching but she is effective along the lines of Helen Ma, Hsu Feng and others who may have not been formally trained but benefitted from a good choreographer and natural athleticism. Between the two, King of Kings is better imo but SOS is worth seeing if you are into the genre of that period. Peter Yang was also very good in Gambler's Duel.

Guest morgoth

Is Peter the lead actor? I love his facial expressions and the way he delivers his lines. He is a great actor.

Is Peter the lead actor? I love his facial expressions and the way he delivers his lines. He is a great actor.

If you're asking about his role in Gambler's Duel- yes he is the lead., This is actually like a kung fu movie but with cards.

Archived