Has anyone found a...

GoldenFist

Has anyone ever found a digitally remastered print of " Blood of the Dragon " or any Brucploation films? Any info or website would be great thanks!

- Goldenfist

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

Let's not... and that is 15 years old! Korean choreography of that era was different. Please just.......:quiet:

Yeah this clip is 15 years old, so it's not so recent. Dragon was 54 and Hwang was 50 years old in that movie, I'm pretty sure that they still kick your ass :l

TibetanWhiteCrane
Yeah this clip is 15 years old, so it's not so recent. Dragon was 54 and Hwang was 50 years old in that movie, I'm pretty sure that they still kick your ass :l

True;)

drunkenmaster

Hwang Jang Lee looks pretty good for his age. I wouldn't tell him to his face that his kicks are not what they used to be.

Morgoth Bauglir

It's hard to tell Hwang has aged in that clip when he starts kicking. I could watch Hwang kick all day, and I've done it many times:D

Im preety sure they'd kick your ass as well, Im just trying to point out their we'll.... getting old.

Yeah for sure, I haven't said anything else. I just reacted when you said that they have "lost their touch" and look bad. Pretty sharp criticism from a guy that just have learnt that Drunken Master and Snake in The Eagles Shadow isn't the same movie.

Anyway, no hard feelings:angel:

That's a nice fightscene indeed. I have that movie aswell, it goes under the name of Nationwide Constituency. It's from 1991 I think. First part of a trilogy.

I found this looking for recent pictures of Dragon Lee, surprisingly both of them kinda look ... bad. Let's say that the the two golden boys lost their touch lol

Check it out:

They don't look bad, it's between crap editing and shitty choreo in the first place, throw in what I'm sure was a low budget and a stupid fight in the mud and there you go.

Morgoth Bauglir

Cassanova does look awesome in that fight. Just as good as he did in the old days. It would be cool to see him in a new kung fu movie as a teacher. He's got a nice white head of hair these days so no wig would be needed.

shaolin drunkard

Excellent clip.That also displays what is "wrong" in some HJL flicks. He gives so BAD trashing to his opponents so have to watch in disbelief Hwang loses fight:angel:

Pretty sharp criticism from a guy that just have learnt that Drunken Master and Snake in The Eagles Shadow isn't the same movie.

Anyway, no hard feelings:angel:

DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMN.Pretty funny.

Sure laugh, I'm sorry I got confused because THEY HAVE THE SAME CAST & DIRECTOR! it's a common mistake, and by the way, how old are you guys like 19 & 35?! Come On, grow up! LEAVE THE 15 YEAR OLD ALONE!

Next to dragon lee, benny tsui was an excellent opponent for hwang jang lee. He brought the fight power and intensity, good movie.

Dont take it so hard GoldenFist.You just happened to dis a well respected martial artist whom most of us have grown up with.Yes he's not at his peak anymore,but considering his age he's still damn impressive.At some point we all pass our peak,at least his peak is immortalized on celluloid.I remember when I was your age(thats the way old farts talk),I was heavy into the fu.I lived it,and had no master except the ones that came on Saturdays @ 3:00.We-my friends taught ourselves gymnastics as well as "kung fu".Even now I'm debating on putting on youtube,me and my friend age 17 doing our fu and flips just so everyone here can have a good laugh.

Hwang is always great to watch.

Check this out. This is from Street Soldiers, in which Hwang Jang-Lee plays the lead henchman of the villain and the only one in the gang decked out in a suit. Go to 2:17 of the clip. He does some brief kicking against Joon Kim. It's short, but like I said, Hwang is always a delight to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQfHb3ubCto

Sorry if the pic is dark, but it was taken at a party in the night time LOL

drunkenmaster

I've said this before..... if not here on another Asian cinema forum....... I have sat through more than a few below average kung fu films just to get to see a few minutes of Hwang Jang Lee in action. He still remains my all time favourite bad ass of all time.

Archived