What are some great performances by KAM KONG?

Guest Dahnamics

Guest Dahnamics

i've seen him in other movies, but none where he had a big part that i remember off hand. he was AMAZING in Master of the Flying Guillotine imo. Are there any other flicks where he has a major role and performs on par with MOFG?

1ne 0]

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

He plays the general in the Chen Kuan Tai Iron Monkey.....even tho he doesnt get to fight till the end, i thought he was awesome in it. hes definetely dope in that one

Guest Kwok Choi

The Dumb Ox

One By One

Brothers Two

4 Real Friends

Master Of The Flying Guillotine

The Crane Fighter.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Iron Monkey 77' (one of his all time finest)

Master Of The Flying Guillotine (great character)

Ferocious Monk Of Shaolin (awesome film)

Dragon Squad aka 4 Real Friends (another cool film)

The Crane Fighter (good film)

Snake And Crane Arts of Shaolin (w/Jackie Chan/isn't this the same flick as Shaolin Wooden Men? I have both copies but it's been a long time since seeing either)

Legendary Strike or Battle Of Shaolin, I'm not sure here as well if they're one in the same flick, but he's a monk trying to secure some article from Carter Wong, I remember it being a decent flick.

Flash Legs Kung Fu, or something to that effect, where he's part of a bandit gang (he's great in this flick) and meets up with Tan Tao Liang, who intends to mete out justice to the whole gang.

I wanna see The Dumb Ox and One By One. Those two films have eluded me, in one way or another, all these years.

Guest kungfusamurai

Kam Kong is one of those guys that seems to be really good in some movies, and not so good in others. He's not consistent like a Wang Tao or Hwang Jang Lee.

I agree on the above mentioned flicks. He's great to watch in Iron Monkey and the Jackie Chan films. I think more of it has to do with his expressions, and his face, not just his fighting ability. If looks could kill, as they say...

KFS

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Just recently watched Shaolin Plot and that film is ACE! Funny thing is I didnt even notice Kam Kong as the hermit monk until he was blinded and had to close his eyes (a la MOTFG). Excellent ensamble cast with great fights throughout that are all very high quality (for '77). Only thing I thought was poorly done was the bad undercranking in the final few moments of the finale. The pacing was excellent in the fights until then. Felt outta place. Deffinite old school classic, cant believe this one is raved about more!

Archived