Afro Samurai: Resurrection

emacs

i purchased the Blu-ray edition over weekend and had a chance to view the film. in true Gonzo fashion (the animation house responsible for producing the anime), Afro Samurai: Resurrection is just as, and in some cases, more violent and appealing than season 1. alongside Samuel L. Jackson in the voice acting department are Lucy Liu, Mark Hamill. the anime is worth checking out.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I loved the first season, got the kick ass figures too!

I picked this up, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm psyched for it though. :D

OK this is where I disagree I really couldn't get into the 1st. season and I really wanted to, but it just dragged on for me and at times I thought it was just boring and sucked! Yes it was violent but I didn't care for this show. Maybe I need to give it another shot on DVD this time.

• Administrator
OK this is where I disagree I really couldn't get into the 1st. season and I really wanted to, but it just dragged on for me and at times I thought it was just boring and sucked! Yes it was violent but I didn't care for this show. Maybe I need to give it another shot on DVD this time.

My only complaint about season 1 was the character Ninja Ninja. I was totally up for a funny, jive talking dude commenting on the action. But instead of him being a great, memorable character as I expected (I mean- it's Samual L. Jackson for Samurai's sake!), this character was very grating. He was hardly ever funny, and always got on my nerves. Later I understood why Afro didn't lob off his fool head immediately. :)

And Kuma?! What a bizarre, one-of-a-kind creation he is! Here he is chillin' on top of the fridge with my cane sword. :D

post-159-144191884777_thumb.jpg

• Administrator
OH yeah I forgot all about that character that is one of the things that really turned me off on the whole series.

The annoying Ninja Ninja, or teddy bear head Kuma?

Archived