Who thinks any OLD martial artist might come back?

GoldenFist

Theres no reason why some of the old timers can't act as good\bad Sifu. However is anyone likley to make traditional kung fu movies these days...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ku Feng must know martial arts of some sort

He said in that recent Toby interview on the LG disc, he did not have any formal training...

HOWEVER he did learn much from Pops and others on the set while filming.

I love Kuo Choi, and would also really dig seeing him in a starring role. I'm thinking of writing a script for him called EIGHT FINGERS OF DEATH. XD

Oh man, that's cold blooded dawg! (Haha) Love to see KC in action again.

What ever did happen to Lu Feng. He just seemed to totally disapear

If I recalled correctly. The two girls who were organizing the now dead venom's convention managed to locate his whereabouts. That was the last bit of info I heard about him.

Toby interviewed him last year. Still in the biz. Hopefully we'll see that footage in the near future.

Don't forget about Sun Chien!!

Ditto on the interview though not in the biz and doubtful he will ever return.

I'd love to see Tan Tao-Liang, Wang Tao, James Nam, Li Yi-Min,

TTL and WT .. most definitely would love to see these guys again!

LYM is done with the industry and wants nothing to do with it.

Toby interviewed him last year. Still in the biz. Hopefully we'll see that footage in the near future.

Cool... What does he do? Choreography (I think I've read somewhere that that's his occupation these days - or was in late 1990s/early 2000s) or does he occasionally show in front of the camera as well?

Pity about Sun Chien...

• Administrator
Oh man, that's cold blooded dawg! (Haha) Love to see KC in action again.

Whoops. I didn't mean to be an asshole... it just happens sometimes. :quiet:

What about Alexander Lo. I don't think he ever got to reach his potential. I'd like to see Meng Fei and Eddie Ko make comebacks as well. Dick Wei would be good as well.

I agree with DragonSword, originally with the success with the Grindhouse Films, he planned on releasing a sequel with a Kung Fu movie in it. Sadly, I doubt he'll ever make it, but by the people he chooses for his movies & kung fu references I'm sure he'll make a kung fu movie sooner or later with legends.

- Goldenfist

kungfusamurai

Gordon Liu, at a screening I went to last summer, was asked if he'd be interested in doing a Pai Mei movie if Tarantino approached him, to which he replied 'I WISH!'. So he's definitely up for anything.

KFS

Archived