Can You Help Me Identify These Movies?

kagoshima

Hello, I'm new to this forum.

I've been fan of Kung Fu movies since my schoolboy years (which were in 80s) when I used to watch all those classic films on the videotapes for hours.

What I am trying to do now is to identify two movies that I saw decades ago but can not find now by their "videotape" names smile.gif.

The first movie as I remember was called "Captain Lee". It was like Kung Fu version of Dirty Dozen with some brave Police captain (not contemporary but from 19th century maybe) assembling a bunch of criminals (most of them kung fu fighters and one master thief) to defeat the boss of dangerous gang... Of course on the way to their goal members of this squad gradually die with only three men left to fight the boss... all I can remember from this movie is that there was one guy with butterfly knives... another was pickpocketer thief... also there is fight scene with two leopard skin clad fighters fighting in pair.... and there also was kinda lyrical story with that boss' concubine being a sister of one character... ah yes.. the boss used to sniff some drug during battle that gave him a power.. and the thief then steals it from him and the other guys then finish him dying themselves.. I tried to search the net by "Captain Lee" but found nothing.. maybe you know its real name?

And the other one... mmm.. I remember it even worse smile.gif... Back then it said it was called "The Fight"... The story was about two rogue brothers... in the beginning they try to sell fake gold bar to some merchant... then they meet Snake style Kung Fu master.. There's a fight scene that this guy beats them with one hand while carrying the sack with other... then they become the apprentices of this master.. and there's a scene when those three fight and defeat two fighters (Praying mantis and Snake)... umm... then their teacher turns out to be bad guy and when they confront him he kills one brother.. then I can't remember but of course the other brother finally avenges his sibling and kills him.

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I haven't seen this in quite a few years but the first movie sounds like INCREDIBLE KUNG FU MISSION aka KUNG FU COMMANDOS.

I'm almost certain that the second movie is KNOCKABOUT.

yup... I've checked on youtube and that's it.. the movie I saw back then .. thanks a lot

I think these are the titles you are looking for......I hope.

Deadly Strike

yeah.. sure.. snake charming scene :).. that's it..

Thank you guys, you helped me a lot

yup... I've checked on youtube and that's it.. the movie I saw back then .. thanks a lot

20th Century Fox has it out on DVD, just rewatched it recently. Gotta love that monkey style kung fu!

Guest Shuriken

Hello everybody. I’m also new to the forum and am trying to find the name of a film that I saw as a boy about twenty years ago on TV (specifically on USA Channel's 'Up-All Night').

The film seems to be shot in the 1970's. It is set in ancient China. The hero is a peasant who wants to train with a certain master and his school but they don't want him. The master instead has the peasant do menial work around the school, most of it building scaffolding out of bamboo and rope and fetching water from a certain well. While he is building scaffolding, the peasant practices some of the exercises that he sees the more beloved students are working on.

I remember one memorial scene, when he is fetching water from the well, something just clicks in his head to try to do this menial task in a different, more acrobatic way, over and over again, making the job easier. From there, all kinds of possibilities open up to him.

Then there is the final showdown with the master (who is shown not to be very noble at all but all this time has been taking advantage of the peasant). The master and the students try to kick him out of their school but then the peasant, all of sudden, displays a form of martial arts, far more superior than theirs, that no one has ever seen.

This form of martial arts is actual the direct result of all his time working with the bamboo scaffolding. He is able, with this style, to tie up their hands with rope in certain knots while putting bamboo shoots in between their bodies to immobilize them. It is quiet humorous.

I remember finding the film endearing in that it has the a whole “Wax-on, Wax-off” kind of learning found in Karate Kid, where the student is actually learning while he doesn’t know that he is learning. Plus, everyone in the ends receives their ‘just deserts’ for treating him so badly.

Does anyone know the name of this film and where I can find a copy of it (or see some of it on the internet)? Thanks.

Hello everybody. I’m also new to the forum and am trying to find the name of a film that I saw as a boy about twenty years ago on TV (specifically on USA Channel's 'Up-All Night').

The film seems to be shot in the 1970's. It is set in ancient China. The hero is a peasant who wants to train with a certain master and his school but they don't want him. The master instead has the peasant do menial work around the school, most of it building scaffolding out of bamboo and rope and fetching water from a certain well. While he is building scaffolding, the peasant practices some of the exercises that he sees the more beloved students are working on.

I remember one memorial scene, when he is fetching water from the well, something just clicks in his head to try to do this menial task in a different, more acrobatic way, over and over again, making the job easier. From there, all kinds of possibilities open up to him.

Then there is the final showdown with the master (who is shown not to be very noble at all but all this time has been taking advantage of the peasant). The master and the students try to kick him out of their school but then the peasant, all of sudden, displays a form of martial arts, far more superior than theirs, that no one has ever seen.

This form of martial arts is actual the direct result of all his time working with the bamboo scaffolding. He is able, with this style, to tie up their hands with rope in certain knots while putting bamboo shoots in between their bodies to immobilize them. It is quiet humorous.

I remember finding the film endearing in that it has the a whole “Wax-on, Wax-off” kind of learning found in Karate Kid, where the student is actually learning while he doesn’t know that he is learning. Plus, everyone in the ends receives their ‘just deserts’ for treating him so badly.

Does anyone know the name of this film and where I can find a copy of it (or see some of it on the internet)? Thanks.

Hello. You're looking for Return To The 36th Chamber.

Archived