Good Chuck Norris Films

DeathFuMaster

ShaOW!linDude
Google only searches because Chuck allows it.

BWA----HAAAAA---HAAAAA!!!!

Good one, Markgway! Spot on!

lol that google chuck norris thing is funny. =D

Anyways, I think his best films are Code of Silence, Lone Wolf McQuade and Delta Force.

Lone Wolf McQuade is crazy awesome. Caine and Chakotay from Star Trek Voyager? Sign me up! I also have a soft spot for The Octagon. To this day I can't walk into a dark, unfamiliar room without Chuck's faux whisper of "Ninjas! There are ninjas here!" in my head. You know what? I'd rather watch Sidekicks than most kid-aimed martial arts flicks (3 Ninjas, Surf Ninjas, Karate Kid... although I haven't seen the new one). I also really like Breaker, Breaker, but I have a soft spot for late '70s trucker films, as almost anyone who was in elementary school in the late '70s should.

I can't remember if I like Good Guys Wear Black or not... I bet I do.

• Like 1

AndyWayne84

Breaker! Breaker

A Force of One

Lone Wolf McQuade. Why because it has Chuck Norris Vs David Carradine aka Walker Texas Ranger vs Kwai chang caine.

The Hitman. I know it's cheesy but i enjoyed that movie from it's cool one liners, Chuck even knocking out that redneck.

• Like 1

close but it's.....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

EDIT: sorry didn't see people had seen the answer ...still a fun google search answer

My (old) reviews of the Missing in Action series:

Missing in Action (1984) - A Chuck Norris foray into the sort of 80s action film that The Expendables was homaging, we have a POW who was freed after 10 years in captivity going back to Vietnam to prove that the powers-that-be (including James Hong) are lying about the presence of MIAs in Vietnam. He finds out the truth, goes to Thailand and hooks up with the stereotypical "soldier who stayed in Asia and got involved in the arms trade", gets hooked up, and heads back to free his countrymen. There isn't much martial arts from Chuck, and it's strange that the two important Vietnamese military officers (including the one who had tortured Chuck while he was a POW) are dispatched before the big action climax.

Missing in Action 2: The Beginning (1985) - Filmed back-to-back with the first film, we learn how Chuck's chopper was shot down by the North Vietnamese, and how he and his compatriots were tortured and humiliated by their captors before Chuck escaped and brought his own brand of justice to the prison camp. The movie takes a while to get going, and the action feels pretty generic, but the last martial arts fight between Chuck Norris and Soon Teck-Oh is actually really good by 80s American standards. The movie is famous for the scene where Norris is hung upside down and has his head placed in a burlap sack with a large rat. 

Braddock: Missing in Action 3 (1988) - This sort of Reagan-era right wing action fantasy was on its way out by 1988, which is unfortunately, because this movie had the best overall action of the trilogy. The story doesn't belong on the same timeline as the other two movies, and thus wasn't so much a sequel as it was a...er...reboot or something? When the American army is leaving Saigon, a series of unfortunate events result in James Braddock leaving his Vietnamese wife behind (mainly because he thinks she's dead). Years later, he finds out from a priest that she's still alive and, against CIA orders, goes back to Vietnam to find her. Standing in the way of the family reunion is an EEEEE-vil Vietnamese military officer played by Aki Aleong. Cue the usual shootings, explosions and karate kicks. Directed by Chuck's brother, Aaron, the action is mounted a lot better (and is significantly bloodier) and there's more martial arts here, even though nothing quite reaches the heights of the final fight from the second movie. The best moment: Chuck takes his Super Gun, stabs a would-be rapist in the stomach with a bayonet, and then fires a grenade into the man's stomach at point-blank range. The man flies backward through a wall and lands on the ground. After several seconds, the grenade finally detonates and the man just explodes.

• Like 2

Of older films Octagon and Forced Vengeance are good with some nice martial arts action. Trouble in early movies was Chuck he did not seem that confident as lead actor. He got better around MIA1 but from there movies did not have that much fights anymore. Maybe he wanted to be action movie star instead of karate movie star..Still, movies like Hitman, Hero&Terror, Delta Force2(Did not like pt1, too cliched), firewalker are solid fun..

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude
3 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Missing in Action 2: The Beginning (1985) - Filmed back-to-back with the first film, we learn how Chuck's chopper was shot down by the North Vietnamese, and how he and his compatriots were tortured and humiliated by their captors before Chuck escaped and brought his own brand of justice to the prison camp. The movie takes a while to get going, and the action feels pretty generic, but the last martial arts fight between Chuck Norris and Soon Teck-Oh is actually really good by 80s American standards. The movie is famous for the scene where Norris is hung upside down and has his head placed in a burlap sack with a large rat. 

I thought Chuck's fight against Steve Williams (who plays a Viet Cong sympathizer I believe) was better than his end fight against Soon Teck-Oh, who is more a dramatic actor, apparently has no formal martial training, and obviously doubled throughout the fight. (Williams is probably best known for playing Capt. Fuller on the "21 Jumpstreet" television series.)

For me, of the 3 MIA films, this is the best. I found the first to be almost anti-climactic. I don't remember the 3rd one matching the action of the 2nd. Honestly, I don't believe I've watched any of them since they first came out. What's that? Like 30+ years?

Edited by ShaOW!linDude
  • Like 3

ShaOW!linDude

I will watch Silent Rage over Hero and the Terror any day of the week. Honestly, they shoud've just made Silent Rage 2. It was primed for a sequel at the end anyway.

Haven't seen many, but of the ones I have seen, the only ones I enjoyed were Lone Wolf McQuade and Code of Silence. Is it worth watching The Octagon? 

13 minutes ago, Josh Baker said:

Haven't seen many, but of the ones I have seen, the only ones I enjoyed were Lone Wolf McQuade and Code of Silence. Is it worth watching The Octagon? 

The Octagon is worth watching, but the plot is a bit suspect. Just let it wash over you.

18 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

The Octagon is worth watching, but the plot is a bit suspect. Just let it wash over you.

I don't mind if the plot is wonky as long as its not boring, and is somewhat credible in its own logic.

• Like 1

The key to appreciating Chuck's 70s films is realizing he was making 70s paranoid thrillers a la THE PARALLAX VIEW or THE FRENCH CONNECTION but with karate fight scenes.  No coincidence A FORCE OF ONE was written by Ernest Tidyman, who wrote THE FRENCH CONNECTION and SHAFT. I guess A FORCE OF ONE, THE OCTAGON and AN EYE FOR AN EYE would be martial arts movies.  Interestingly, SIDEKICKS was his biggest hit since the first MISSING IN ACTION.  Finally watched it on streaming last year and it's adequate juvenile stuff.