Good Chuck Norris Films

DeathFuMaster

Guest Markgway

Best Chucks?

Invasion USA

Code of Silence

The Missing in Action Trilogy

The Octagon and The Delta Force are pretty good too.

Worst?

The Hero and the Terror

Top Dog

Silent Rage

white crane...really? i thought firewalker was pretty fun. it holds up kinda today too. lou gosset jr is a bad mo fo. just like in the principal.....now that's a damn good movie

The Octagon and Forced Vengeance are my favorite marital arts-based Chuck films, but Invasion USA and Lone Wolf McQuade are good "shoot em' up" action films with some obligatory karate thrown in. I read somewhere that the central character in Invasion USA (swamp-dwelling ex agent badass) was supposed to be the central character in Avenging Force, but they went with Michael Dudikoff for it. Too bad. Chuck could have had his own James Bond/Indiana Jones type character.

I saw The Octagon and Forced Vengeance a couple hundred times when I was a kid, I also have a special place for the Lone Wolf McQuade movie though I'm sure it's pretty bad as I haven't seen it for a while. Chuck was no Choreographer, he had a blinding spin kick and that's about it, still I'll always love these movies, I need to revisit them.

Guest Markgway
The Octagon and Forced Vengeance are my favorite marital arts-based Chuck films, but Invasion USA and Lone Wolf McQuade are good "shoot em' up" action films with some obligatory karate thrown in. I read somewhere that the central character in Invasion USA (swamp-dwelling ex agent badass) was supposed to be the central character in Avenging Force, but they went with Michael Dudikoff for it. Too bad. Chuck could have had his own James Bond/Indiana Jones type character.

Avenging Force was a prequel to Invasion USA.

Dudikoff was playing a younger version of Chuck's character.

DeathFuMaster

I watched An Eye for An Eye today and is was good. Not as much fighting as I would have liked but Chuck had no beard and it was cool. Next Im planning to watch the Octagon and will tell you what I think.

Speaking of which, did Avenging Force ever get a Region 1 DVD release? His battle with the faceless ninja was one of my favorite battles when I was a lad. That guy was straight out of an Eric Lustbader novel!

Guest Markgway
Speaking of which, did Avenging Force ever get a Region 1 DVD release?

No. But it was released in the UK and across Europe (R2 territories) in an open matte (1.33) version. The Australian disc is also open matte despite falsely claiming anamophic widescreen (1.78) on the cover.

I am glad Bamboo spear mentioned the author Eric Van Lustbader as Chuck Norris' "The Octagon" draws parallels with Lusbader's masterpiece book "The Ninja".I think the David Bradley / Mark Dacascos flick "American Samurai" also borrows from this book.

Yeah, everytime I watch Revenge of the Ninja, I can't help but think of Saigo storming the building at the end of The Ninja. Man, that book takes me back to 11th grade!

I agree;superb book.Quite historically relevant as well.Just don't understand why the book itself was not adapted into a movie of it's own rather than just borrow bits off it.Maybe Hollywood couldn't quite figure out the philosophical concept at the time which could affect marketing but handled well " The Ninja " would have been one hell of a movie.Saigo rules.

Okay here are my favorite Norris flicks:

Breaker! Breaker! - I'm sorry but I have a soft spot for those old trucker movies thanks to Smokey and the Bandit.

A Force of One - Norris vs. Bill Wallace. Not bad for an American MA film.

The Octagon - awesome ninja film with Norris

Honorable mention only for the funniest look in a fight scene Ive ever seen:

Sidekicks - when Norris does the slow motion jumping side kick and the look on Joe Piscopo's face before the BAM! is definitely priceless LOL

i was digging in the Walmart bin of death and found a 3 packer. It has the presidents men #1-#2 and.... wow cant remember the last movie and cant find the damn dvd........ only cost me $5. i bet my gf tossed it.

GungFuFighter

Let's see, my favorite Norris films have to be...

Delta Force 1 & 2

Missing In Action 1, 2, & 3

The Octagon

Breaker, Breaker

Silent Rage

TibetanWhiteCrane

To be serious...

LoneWolf McQuade

Chuck's best movie IMO...

Missing In Action 2: The Beginning

Invasion U.S.A.

The Delta Force

Delightful pieces of Cannon 80's cheese...

• Like 1

Chuck Norris is the man hands down that stare and beard speaks for itself.. the man is fearless lol,. nobody can punch anyone in the face like chuck norris, I like the last two seasons of Walker Texas Ranger, those punch sound effects won me over lol I love it, His latest Walker Texas Ranger movie that he did was technically his last movie to date it was just released before "The Cutter" which was filmed in 2003 . Walker Texas Ranger :Trial by Fire was in 2005, he has a good up to date type fight scene in that movie in a restaurant with a bald asian guy that kinda looks like a shaved lion or a snake, but it was short but cool.

Maybe none of chuck norris movie can be called great but at least missing in actions,eye for an eye,forced vengeance,octacon...and breaker breaker were ok for me..hell,they are not masterpieces but I did not yawn when watched them:nerd: