Good Chuck Norris Films

DeathFuMaster

• Administrator

All his older titles are more about martial arts than guns and war. Check out THE OCTAGON, GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK, and SILENT RAGE.

Killer Meteor
All his older titles are more about martial arts than guns and war. Check out THE OCTAGON, GOOD GUYS WEAR BLACK, and SILENT RAGE.

I dunno, I think its REALLY stretching it to call Good Guys Wear Black a martial arts film

• Administrator
I dunno, I think its REALLY stretching it to call Good Guys Wear Black a martial arts film

I guess you're right. :quiet:

Killer Meteor
I guess you're right. :quiet:

The DVD calls it "a martial arts classic" but its mostly slow chases and lots of dull political talk

shaolin drunkard

Good Guys Wear Black might help if suffering from insomnia.Only OK scene is exploding of plane and short fight after that.

Slaughter in san francisco is good,it does not hurt movie norris ain`t lead star.Octagon too.Stay away from lone wolf mcquade,breaker breaker and a force of one.

His old movies have something in common with Bruce Lee flicks,loads of henchmen stand still waiting to be kicked or punched(he has very swift backround kick).

Of his action movies at least Missing in Actions,Delta force#2 and invasion usa make enjoyable viewing experience.Me recalls hero and the terror was not bad either.

DeathFuMaster

So The Octagon, Eye For And Eye, Forced Vengeance, and Silent Rage seem to be the "good list". I like his military stuff, but I was looking for some of his older ones hoping they would be like his performance in Way of the Dragon. So I will check these out, thanks.

Chinatown Kid

I liked Lone Wolf McQuade, it had a spaghetti western feel to it and the fight between Chuck and Carradine was surprisingly good, the best Carradine has ever looked in a fight imo.

DeathFuMaster
i heart sidekicks....no lie

One of my favorite movies as a kid. Used to rewind over and over back then. Mabey I'll update my vhs version one day.

Lone Wolf was alright, but as I said...Im looking for more Martial Arts stuff less guns.

Any good old Chuck Norris flicks with more martial arts instead of just Guns and war type movies???

Well even the gun and war type movies had martial arts. Delta Force and Delta Force 2 has a lot of roundhouse kicks and in the first one he really beats the shit of Robert Forester. Hell, same thing happened in Invasion USA, Richard Lynch, said despite having a stunt double he still had a bunch of bruises. In that case its not that Chuck was being a dick or something (or the Richard was claiming it), just to get good impact, you often have to make contact.

Still I would say Slaughter in San Fransisco is his more Hong Kong one since it was a Golden Harvest film.

I liked Lone Wolf McQuade, it had a spaghetti western feel to it and the fight between Chuck and Carradine was surprisingly good, the best Carradine has ever looked in a fight imo.

Well, it did have a score from Francesco De Masi, which always helps :)

DeathFuMaster
Still I would say Slaughter in San Fransisco is his more Hong Kong one since it was a Golden Harvest film.

I would like to watch it(because it was a Golden Harvest film), but its only on VHS and VCD...NO DVD!!!(a chuck fricken norris movie without a DVD release, blasphemy!!!)..................plus I heard it was BAD!

• Administrator

Hey, wasn't there a lot of hand-to-hand stuff in one of the MISSING IN ACTION movies? I think it might have been part 2. I haven't seen these since they were first released.

well everyone has said it, but the octagon is really one of his best...if not one of the best american MA films of the 80's. anything with Lee Van Cleef is also an added bonus. LVC is the man!

• Administrator
well everyone has said it, but the octagon is really one of his best...if not one of the best american MA films of the 80's. anything with Lee Van Cleef is also an added bonus. LVC is the man!

I second (or 7th or 8th or whatever) that! Plus, Richard "Painful?" Norton and Tadashi Yamashita as ninjas?! Score.:D

DeathFuMaster

I hope you guys are being sarcastic, a movie about a Dog companion and a Indiana Jones rip off...to each their own I guess. I know Chuck didnt have the greatest run, but he was great in Way of the Dragon and I just wanted to check out some of his older HK style films.