The Future of Image Entertainment

Shaolin Patriot

Shaolin Patriot

I've heard on another post (non martial arts related) that Image is not long for 2009. Can someone confirm the future of Image? Image didn't exactly produce the highest quality SB titles, but at least they did release them.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is from a news report from yesterday:

Image Entertainment, Inc., an independent licensee, producer and distributor of home entertainment programming in North America, announced that it expects its fiscal 2009 third quarter ended December 31, 2008 net revenues to exceed $38 million.

Image said this represents an approximate 39 percent increase over actual net revenues of $27.3 million for same period last year. Additionally, on January 30, the Company made a scheduled $4 million principal payment due under the Company's senior convertible note with Portside Growth and Opportunity Fund, reducing the outstanding note balance to $13 million, from $17 million.

In a release, the company noted that for the nine months ended December 31, 2008, the Company expects net revenues to exceed $103 million. This represents an approximate 47 percent increase over actual net revenues of $69.9 million for the nine months ended December 31, 2007. The Company plans to release actual results for the three and nine months ended December 31, 2008 by February 13.

The Company is increasing its annual net revenue guidance for fiscal 2009 to an expected range of $128 million to $131 million, from its previous guidance of $120 million to $130 million. The Company is not providing specific earnings guidance for the third quarter or the full fiscal year.

Here is some other info related to the current state of Image:

http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&resnum=0&q=image%20entertainment&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

hey---maybe all my prodding for them to get as many english dub shaws as possible is making them money. i just sent them another long email on monday about that very subject. you never know.

shaolin drunkard
hey---maybe all my prodding for them to get as many english dub shaws as possible is making them money. i just sent them another long email on monday about that very subject. you never know.

Of course..if dub exists they spend their all resources to track it down just to make you happy.

Killer Meteor

god, you're so simple you know. This sort of thing is all over film forums at the moment. Thousand lose their jobs and all forum posters care about is getting their films - or dubs in this case. Sickens me

god, you're so simple you know. This sort of thing is all over film forums at the moment. Thousand lose their jobs and all forum posters care about is getting their films - or dubs in this case. Sickens me

That's all people like him care about, and thus they continue to buy bootlegs because all he wants are his precious Engrish dubs. :quiet:

So they arent going out of business?

It looks like they're doing good business. I've read that they are merging or being aquired by another company, so that might have an effect on their release schedule. I don't know.

Killer Meteor
It looks like they're doing good business. I've read that they are merging or being aquired by another company, so that might have an effect on their release schedule. I don't know.

i heard they wern't doing well but you never know

Maybe I'm cynical, but I always think "creative accouting" can be used to inflate numbers in business reports, so its tough to gauge facts. Image claims a 39 % increase of net revenues from last year. Who knows if this is true, though? I can only assume it is. I've heard their merger with another company isn't going smoothly. I can't remember the name of the company they're merging with, but their might be a lawsuit by Image pending against the their new parent company about a breach of contract.

Here are more news reports:

http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&resnum=0&ie=UTF-8&tab=wn&ncl=1300020940

Shaolin Patriot

Haz - thanks for your feedback. Let's hope Image will continue with SB releases throughout 2009.

I wish they didn't have the titles at all, we'd get a lot more than just English dubs.

MB are doing the best job so far, but they're still not without flaws.

Archived