Bodyguards and Assassins (2009)

Milkyway

People from China and Singapore noted that the Donnie/Cung Le fight was edited down to around 4 min (as long as the preview clip I posted a while ago), it's reportedly 10 min long. Hong Kong and Australian audiences has confirmed otherwise. Perhaps the movie runs longer than 139 min ntsc.

People from China and Singapore noted that the Donnie/Cung Le fight was edited down to around 4 min (as long as the preview clip I posted a while ago), it's reportedly 10 min long. Hong Kong and Australian audiences has confirmed otherwise. Perhaps the movie runs longer than 139 min ntsc.

Oh i understand. Well, i will wait for the HK release ^^

I watched this back in december when I was in Hongkong. It was a small shabby cinema on the 8th floor in Mongkok,the cinema had space for ca. 120 people and was sold out me and my GF sat in the second row so it was kinda uncomfortable to watch ..anyway the movie rocked! Loved it to the max,the old HK looks amazing,good job. I heard from Bey Logan they use it also for yip man 2.....

I watched this back in december when I was in Hongkong. It was a small shabby cinema on the 8th floor in Mongkok,the cinema had space for ca. 120 people and was sold out me and my GF sat in the second row so it was kinda uncomfortable to watch ..anyway the movie rocked! Loved it to the max,the old HK looks amazing,good job. I heard from Bey Logan they use it also for yip man 2.....

oh that cinema! i watched Flash Point twice when it got released! :bigsmile:

Just finished watchig this, really enjoyed it, really well constructed plot and well told for once, actors were all excellent, the only let down was the fighting, it was quite dull and un original, the Donnie fights were very good esp the first time he fights on the balcony. the film is a two thumbs up though, wish the Manchu villains could have had a few more surpirses in their arsenal like a wicked kicker who infultrates Tony Leungs camp and unleashes at the end.

I haven't seen the movie with subs yet but it looks great and it is character/story driven. The action supports it much in the way Danny the Dog's action supported the story. It's not about great choreographed screen fights. There are no great takes or memorable fights in the movie. It's supportive "action". The action is completely done in a means to end fashion, rather than how most like their action on screen(as "fights").

No complaints, like I had none with DtD action wise. To me it's first, foremost and last, about the story. I look forward to seeing it with subs.

When he says Donnie fights about 4 times, it's not like him having 4 fights in ItLoD4. These are sprinkle bits. A kick and a punch. A. Not really "fights".

it's better than not seing it, the free running fight was not that great, but the first bit in the fight when donnie gets booted was fantastic, really good use of wires

anyone know if that guy Xueqi Wang who plays Lee Yu Tng the nesw papaer boos has done any other good films, he was tremendous in this. so were Tony "bachand" Leung and Nick Tse

Bodyguards And Assassins (PREORDER 02/08/2010 Dark October Siege / Shi Yue Wei Cheng / Sap Yueh Wai Sing) its being released through hkDVDstore.com with English Sub-T's I haven't ordered from this site before so how is it, is it a legit site to order from?

I didn't like this movie, the story was boring and didn't engage me at all. The scenes with Donnie were decent, apart from the fact that he didn't shave his head for the role and he wears a skull-cap throughout, making his head look like a water mellon. Add to that CGI blood, wires, Nicholas Tse, etc. The plus points were strong direction, and a great cast with some fantastic acting. Particularly the old guy, who plays the new husband of Donnie's ex-wife. He's actually playing the same character played by Ti Lung in Battle For The Republic Of China.

I didn't like this movie, the story was boring and didn't engage me at all. The scenes with Donnie were decent, apart from the fact that he didn't shave his head for the role and he wears a skull-cap throughout, making his head look like a water mellon. Add to that CGI blood, wires, Nicholas Tse, etc. The plus points were strong direction, and a great cast with some fantastic acting. Particularly the old guy, who plays the new husband of Donnie's ex-wife. He's actually playing the same character played by Ti Lung in Battle For The Republic Of China.

I ordered this film hoping it was kick ass.....I guess I will have to wait for my copy to see if I agree or disagree. :squigglemouth:

I ordered this film hoping it was kick ass.....I guess I will have to wait for my copy to see if I agree or disagree. :squigglemouth:

Sometimes you just have to view it yourself... People have different tastes. I remember watching Dragon, Tiger, Gate and enjoying it, after many people spoke about their dislike of it. It's a live-action Anime'... Popcorn fun. No more, no less.

:nerd:

Bodyguards And Assassins (PREORDER 02/08/2010 Dark October Siege / Shi Yue Wei Cheng / Sap Yueh Wai Sing) its being released through hkDVDstore.com with English Sub-T's I haven't ordered from this site before so how is it, is it a legit site to order from?

From my experience they sell bootlegs.

Sometimes you just have to view it yourself... People have different tastes. I remember watching Dragon, Tiger, Gate and enjoying it, after many people spoke about their dislike of it. It's a live-action Anime'... Popcorn fun. No more, no less.

:nerd:

I agree with you 100% Dragon.....I've totally avoided films that others disliked, and thanks to YouTube most of these films are now part of my growing collection. Taste vary I guess. :angel:

One man's meat is another man's poison. All views are subjective, just 'cos I didn't like doesn't mean others will feel the same. I hope you enjoy it, Monk Sante; but there were too many things about it irritated me. For you, it may be totally different.