Bodyguards and Assassins (2009)

Milkyway

Realistically, it should be in both Mandarin and Cantonese. Some principal characters are from North (Mandarin) and others in Hong Kong (Cantonese) where the story is set.

Yes. As I understand it theres a 'multi dialect' audio track as you describe (Mandarin)

And a Cantonese *ONLY* dub, were the whole film is redone with every actor speaking Cantonese. The HK Blu only has an HD Audio track in Cantonese and it's been suggested that the UK & Canadian Blu has the same Canto dub.

On 7/15/2014 at 3:26 PM, luckystars said:

And a Cantonese *ONLY* dub, were the whole film is redone with every actor speaking Cantonese. The HK Blu only has an HD Audio track in Cantonese and it's been suggested that the UK & Canadian Blu has the same Canto dub.

I just rewatched the movie. I had the Cantonese dub (featured on the limited Mega Star bluray edition that comes with two discs) on, and it still has a good deal of Mandarin being spoken throughout the movie. Not just the Mainland actors but also some Hong Kong actors. I don't think there ever was a Cantonese-only dub for the movie.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

Donnie's action moments overall are decent at best whereas his acting performance is more impressive imo. If you're looking for a wall-to-wall action movie, pick something else. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy this well-crafted, intensely character-driven political thriller.

• Like 4