Junior Soldiers

Milkyway

Jackie Chan Embarks on Voyage of Junior Soldiers

-- Junior Soldiers --

Junior Soldiers has begun production on Feb 3 in Yuanmo county, Yunnan. The movie, which has been in Jackie Chan's mind for 20 years, is produced and written by Jackie Chan who also stars in it. Juniors soldiers is described as a period arthouse movie set in Qin dynasty that focuses on the journey of three people and a horse.

With the earth being threatened by climate change, Jackie Chan advises the production to be more concerned about the environment, encouraging everyone on the set not to smoke, and not to litter. Anyhow, it helps most to change to a vegetarian diet.

On that day, they were filming a scene where Jackie Chan, a general, in his drunken stupor, destroys a wooden post by the inn. The inn was built recently at a cost of around 100 thousand yuan.

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/620-Jackie-Chan-Embarks-on-Voyage-of-Junior-Soldiers.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds interesting. I thought I remembered Jackie saying that his character would be a coward in this. Or something similar.

i wanna see jackie with some damn kung fu!!!he's getting old but he he is still nice!! I wanna see him start doing more master roles and all all....

he should do a movie with Wu Jing teachin him the drunken style....i like Wu Jing in Drunken Monkey and JC in all the drunken roles....think itll be cool!

The guy he picked in his reality show. I think his name is Jacky Tu. There's a thread on it somewhere.

What the ****?Jackie Chan's going crazy or something like that.Maybe he forgot,once upon a time in China he was a kung fu actor.But now he wants to copy hollybutt stars,even in Hong Kong.

mmm.... He did mention in one of this interviews that he doesn't want to make action films anymore, he mentioned something about action stars don't last long in the film industry. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thats prob why hes copying hollywood stars so he can improve on his acting.

Action stars don't last long in the film industry? 30+ years of being one isn't long enough? And why do this movie now instead of 20 years ago?

Jackie had said he had about 5 years left back in 2004 I think in terms of stunts. And he's always said he would like to find new blood. Jack Tu actually was on the set of Chan's Spy Next Door and even took a picture of one of the child co-stars on Jackie's website. I think this is going to be one of the first films to feature Jack Tu. I also heard that the two runners up of the Disciple would have smaller roles in the film as well. I know one was named Jerry Liao, a New York-based martial artist, but I forgot the other one's name.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I guess not...! But I would rather see him retire, than embarrass himself any further!

Shinjuku Incident looks cool though! He should stick to drama then!

Archived