Who do you think was the best Bruce Lee Impersonator?

GoldenFist

I know alot of people remember " Brucepoitation " movies like "Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger " & " Fist of Fury 2 " and " Enter the Game of Death ". All cheesy, but good family fun lol My favorite is Bruce Li, he performed very we'll and was quite talented. I wish more people gave him credit, anyway who's yours?

- GoldenFist

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Sammo Hung!

Though physically he couldn't be built less like him, Sammo nailed Bruce's mannerisms, both facial and body. His performance in ENTER THE FAT DRAGON is comedy gold. He also did his Bruce schtick to a lesser degree in SKINNY TIGER, FATTY DRAGON, and MILLIONAIRE'S EXPRESS.

DeathFuMaster

I didnt really like any of them but...

In terms of looks---Bruce Li

In terms of mannerisms---Sammo

In terms of movies after copying Bruce Films---Dragon Lee(my favorite, but looks nothing like him...too short and bulky)

Bruce Li was the best by a long stretch. His 'portrayal' was more restrained than the others who went overboard with the Lee-like mannerisms.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I'll also go with Bruce Li who looked the most like Bruce. I also did not really like the Bruce impersonators nor did I like Bruce impersonating himself.

He said that he added the cat calls a an extra effect in his movies. I never liked him doing this. I guess it can be defined as the "Bruce Taunt".

In really kung fu fighting its about the breath. Hen-Ha in Tai Chi Chuan. The proper use of breath gives the martial artist a greater efficiency and a more lethal HIT.

GD Y-Y

silver hermit

gotta go with the fat dragon himself. i'm sure he had the advantage as he met and worked with bruce so he might have been more familliar with him.

Overall best performer: Bruce Li

Best fight performer: The Korean guy from Tower of Death

Best lookalike: None. lol Actually, the guy from Shaolin Soccer, who is also making a TV series about Bruce.

Worst: Everyone else. Mostly Bruce Le and Dragon Lee. Those guys think Bruce Lee was an ape or something.

My Pick:BRUCE LE- AKA HUANG KIN LUNG

Bruce Li- Just did not do it for me. To skinny, his shape and size no were matched Bruce Lee.

Dragon Lee-To many bad movies

Fat Dragon aka Sammo Hung has the moves but not the size.

Danny Chan in THE LEGEND OF BRUCE LEE tv series. He really studied Bruce's body language and persona...just dead on. My wife (not a gung fu movie fan) actually thought I was watching Bruce on a tv show.

Archived