What happend to Sonny Chiba?

GoldenFist

I know he acts from time to time, I remember him in "Kill Bill" and of course his classic " The Street Fighter ", But where is he now? I remember in a interview he said that he could of met Bruce Lee, he waited and Bruce never showed up, Sorry I thought that was a clever little fact :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

All of Chiba-san's time now is spent just being cool!:D

Actually he still acts, recently doing TV series and a film in Japan, but he announced last year that he will no longer make action films. He was filming a part as a famous historical figure (a samurai of course) and suffered (I think it was) heat exaustion and had to be treated. So he decided since the character he was playing at the time had perished in that battle, that so too should "Sonny Chiba". He will continue to act in non-action roles under a different name. I don't believe he'll be using his real name (Shinichi Chiba was a stage name), but another stage moniker. Can't remember it right now though.

Morgoth Bauglir

It's too bad he can't do fight scenes anymore. he looked good against Kurata in Legend of the Seven Monks. Really good for a guy in his mid 60's.

Archived