Official DVD Releases?

DeathFuMaster

DeathFuMaster

Do the following have legal releases(trying to avoid bootlegs/make sure mine are official)? If so by who? Mostly want Eng Dubbed R1 or R0 NTSC versions.

Wheels on Meals

Young Master

Drunken Master

Drunken Tai Chi

Five Deadly Venoms

Crippled Avengers

Project A

Project A2

Dragons Forever

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mostly want Eng Dubbed R1 or R0 NTSC versions.

Wheels on Meals

Young Master

Drunken Master

Drunken Tai Chi

Five Deadly Venoms

Crippled Avengers

Project A

Project A2

Dragons Forever

:quiet: dubbed? WHY?

try Hong Kong Legends for the Jackie Chan movies...

• Administrator
:quiet: dubbed? WHY?

try Hong Kong Legends for the Jackie Chan movies...

Those are region 2.

My advice to DeathFuMaster is go to http://www.hkflix.com/home.asp

Look up those titles. For most of them, you will get several versions popping up. You can use their "compare" feature to see which ones have English dubs. You will see the same companies listed over and over again. If you ask "which of these companies is legit?", we'll tell you.

Definite bootleg companies are:

Panmedia

Red Sun

Bonzai

DeathFuMaster

I just prefer dub because that's how I first saw them. Well has 5 Deadly Venoms been officially released? I sadly own the Red Sun version...

• Administrator
I just prefer dub because that's how I first saw them. Well has 5 Deadly Venoms been officially released? I sadly own the Red Sun version...

No, the region 1 release is "coming soon". I think Dragon Dynasty has this title, but I can't remember for sure. If they do, it will probably have some cool extras!

Wheels on Meals = Not for definite, but Navarre may still release it. Megastar released the old dub on DVD in Hong Kong.

Young Master = No legit version of the original dub on DVD.

Drunken Master = No legit version of the original dub on DVD.

Drunken Tai Chi = Eastern Heroes (R2 UK) put it out, although not legally in R1.

Five Deadly Venoms = Dragon Dynasty have the rights and intend to release it in their next Shaw batch.

Crippled Avengers = Dragon Dynasty have the rights.

Project A = Not sure who has this one in R1 (used to be Dimension, but it'll likely be either be DD or Navarre). HKL released the old dub on DVD.

Project A2 = Again, not sure who has this one in R1 (likely to be either DD or Navarre). Tai Seng released the old dub on VHS (no DVD release of it).

Dragons Forever = Swedish 'Atlantic Films' DVD, although Navarre might release it in a far better state.

Anyone know why Jackie's Snake and Crane Dragon Dynasty release got canned?

Due to poorer sales on back-catalogue stuff.

So they never released it at all?

No.

HKL's DVD has it uncut, but in a crappy 5.1 mix (DD will be the same, unless they provide a mono soundtrack). The Mandarin 'mono' is a 5.1 downmix, but the subtitles are the best available.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Since the companies releasing R1 DVDs are not doing very well, I'd recommend buying a region free player or hacking a hackable one into region free. Makes thing much easier. Most of the movies you are searching for have quality releases except Drunken Tai Chi (wich I don't think is that good as far as I'm concern).

DeathFuMaster

I might do that, Ive been thinking about it. Does anybody know if PS3's are region free, I have one of those

The old MIHK tape had the original dub of Drunken Master didn't it?

yes that is the classic dub which HKL didn't put on their DM DVD release. If Dragon Dynasty release that I'll definitely get it

DeathFuMaster

I just figured out that I have a region free dvd player, so now I can enjoy the HKL stuff in english dubs right??

I just figured out that I have a region free dvd player, so now I can enjoy the HKL stuff in english dubs right??

If you've got what it takes to handle PAL too.

DeathFuMaster

Actually the signal stuff has to do with the TV, but some dvd players change the format. Im not going to buy anything right now, I just like to know that I have options.

Archived