JCVD, the return of a star

GoldenFist

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's a better actor than most in the genre, i.e. Chuck Norris, Cynthia Rothrock, Don Wilson. I like watching him in action and I think this is a brave departure from the norm. Steven Seagal would never dare to do anything different.

I think he's a better actor than most in the genre

he seems much more comfortable speaking in his native language. given this natural state i found his performance in JCVD quite good.

I quite liked the movie but I don't think its as good as the hype. Yeah it's a decent performance from JCVD and he is obviously a lot more comfortable in his native language. I wanted more action rather than the thriller-type plot. The bit where he spills his guts is pretty painful.

The UK DVD release is excellent. Me and a couple of mates watched the movie then all of the extras, and were totally Van Dammaged by the end! Yeah great extra a day in the life of Jean Claude, he comes across as a nice guy despite the bad press I have heard.

Guest I Like Elaine

Grrr I was going to buy this on Tuesday but the cashier wouldn't sell it to me. It's like, if you can't break the street date, then why is it on the shelves.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
The UK DVD release is excellent. Me and a couple of mates watched the movie then all of the extras, and were totally Van Dammaged by the end! Yeah great extra a day in the life of Jean Claude, he comes across as a nice guy despite the bad press I have heard.

I just watched all the extras on the UK disc. You said it- great stuff! I liked that it wasn't catering to JCVD though, as they showed his insecurities and frustrated moments too. The "Day in the life" feature was so good I was surprised when I glanced at the running time- it really flew by.

The guy that manages my local video store asked me if this was any good, and I recommended he watch it. He then told me about a publicity thing he had attended for one of Van Damme's films (maybe DOUBLE IMPACT) where the JCVD was present. He said that he was very personable, worked the whole room, talking to everybody that wanted to have face time. He said he came across as modest, and charming, and that he gave as much time and respect speaking to the little people as to the big wigs. He said that this experience completely changed his opinion of the man, and he was especially impressed since many of the celebs he'd met in the past acted like spoiled babies. So I figured I'd share this little story with you guys.

-What's your name?

-Bond. James Bond. And you are?..

-Damme. Van Damme. Claude Van Damme. Jean-Claude Van Damme.

:)

GwaiLoMoFo

It was a decent movie at best, or a good JCVD film. His monologue towards the end (if genuine) is pretty touching. Makes you feel for the guy you know. And he gives his best dramatic performance I have seen. The said, the film was just OK. Not sure where all this hype is coming from.

Archived