Who thinks Wesely Snipe Sucked in the Blade Series?

GoldenFist

Listen, I used to think Welsey was preety freakin cool, I loved " Passenger 57 " great Flick! But I really hated the Blade series, I think it ruined my idea on him, what do you guys think?

- GoldenFist

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he was great in part 1&2, but 3 pretty much ruined the trilogy and any future films. I wasn't at all impressed with the tv series starring former rap star Sticky Fingers.

• Administrator

I think WS was great in the Blade films. Yes, part 3 had major problems, but I still enjoyed it.

Guest Markgway
tv series starring former rap star

If only there was some clue...... :P

Snipes has done some decent movies in the past (Passenger 57, Rising Sun, Demolition Man, Murder at 1600, etc) but for some reason he was never a fave of mine. I found him impossible to like. Not sure what it was but I never warmed to him as a personality.

kingofkungfu2002

I thought he was the perfect choice for Blade, but if they do decide to revive the series I'd like to see Michael Jai White in the role :D

I've personally always enjoyed Wesley Snipes in most movies he makes; everything ranging from "Passenger 57" to "Art of War" to "One Night Stand."

I think the brotha did good in Blade 1 & 2, but I admit that I haven't seen "Blade 3" nor do I have any desire to.

I think that he was fine in the first two Blade movies, but the third was just all around terrible. There is not one saving grace in that movie, I don't even consider it part of the Blade series, nothing in common with the other Blade movies. He didn't even have a battle with Dracula, just an imposter named Drake. Dracula would've never been so corny or a that bad at acting.

IMO Wesley was best in NEW JACK CITY.

Shut the f**k up Pookie!XD

Nino Brown: To CMB. On and on. "Am I my brother's keeper?"

CMB: "Yes I am." :DXD

You guys should check out Undisputed if you get a chance, the first one with Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames, directed by the legendary Walter Hill. By far the best thing he's done in a like decade

kungfusamurai

I like Snipes. It's unfortunate he hasn't been in the best of movies. He's got some great martial arts chops, which he shows off well in his films. Demolition Man was probably one of his best performances. Blade III was a terrible film, but it wasn't Snipes' doing, it was just a poor production.

KFS

We'll I started this thread because we'll frankly like most of you said He was good in Blade 1 & 2, three sucked balls! But I've seen undisputed and demolition man, both very good movies!

- GoldenFist

kungfusamurai

Someone did a compilation of his fight scenes on youtube

piwr_Mb4dbY

You can tell he knows what he's doing. Maybe they should put him as the lead in the Bourne Identity (if they're not planning on reusing Matt Damon). If not that, then maybe a future Bond flick, so we can see some real ass-kicking, and not some quick edited bullsheet.

KFS

he was v good in Blade/II ...but 3 was embarrassingly awful.

As for the TV show that was great, really liked that rapper turned actor once he was past the immitating wesley, the show was well written and the way the story threads weaved together made the show a pleasure. the action was iffy in the begining but got much better...but story telling was top notch...btw the DVD features more gore, graphic violence and sex(nudity) like the movies.XD

I thought he was the perfect choice for Blade, but if they do decide to revive the series I'd like to see Michael Jai White in the role :D

Agreed.

Well, Blade Trinity suffered from its share of on-set strife. At the time, I had an e-mail correspondence with Snipes' fight choreographer, Chuck Jeffreys. He mentioned that there some arguments between Snipes and David Goyer, but the media blew it out of proportion.

The third film was not as good as the first two for sure.

Originally, it was rumored that Michael Jai White was supposed to play the role of Blade in the TV series, before Kirk "Sticky" Jones. I tried to get into the series, but I couldn't get past Jones' imitating Snipes.

I think Blade had a good run with an acceptable B-movie start (Blade), a better-than-it-should-have-been sequel (Blade 2) and a lackluster finish (Blade 3). Wesley was perfectly suited for the movies as he was one of the most ass-kicking black actors in Hollywood at the time and is considered a solid actor. Blade as a series and an idea should rest for now. We have enough vampire glut on the market as it is!

I think a more exciting project would be a Black Panther movie; I know Wesley tried to get that going but with his current financial troubles, I think it's been stuck in development hell. Micheal Jai White looks like a great candidate for that role IMO. I would rather see a Black Panther and maybe an Iron Fist/Power Man movie than another Superman retread or X-men spinoff. I just hope they wouldn't fall into that Punisher category of film where it gets minimal budget and promotion.

At this year’s Comic-Con, here’s what Wesley Snipes has to say:

The project is controlled by Marvel and we did have a really productive and a wonderful meeting and we discussed a number of things. I don’t know where it’s on their schedule at this point, that hasn’t been decided. I guess it’s still up in the air… but if we don’t to a Blade 4 or something else with Marvel, we’ll do something else.” Until we get the official word, you can catch Wesley in NBC’s upcoming TV pilot, The Player.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm always down for another Blade movie. Wash that bad taste of Blade Trinity from my mouth. Wasn't that shit awful?

Secret Executioner

A new Blade movie could be interesting. Has Blade ever been cannon within the Marvel universe ? That could make for a nice addition to the MCU.

While the 3rd Blade film certainly wasn't the best of the trilogy, I think it gets a bad rap. I enjoy solely for Ryan Reynolds. He kills me as Hannibal King. Rather than seeing Snipes come back, I'd like to see some fresh new talent take on the role and kickstart the franchise again. As much as I adore MJW, I don't know that I see him as Blade either.

Archived