Well Go USA's Shaw Brothers Collection? April 7, 2009

mpm74

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First I've seen of it. Maybe it's a collection of some or all the titles they've already released, unless it a collection of the titles they haven't released yet.

Here is the info:

Shaw Brothers Box Set

Year: 2008

US Release: 4/7/2009

Running Time: 392 minutes

Original Language: Mandarin / English

Cast: See Individual Titles

Director: See Individual Titles

Action has never been swifter, sleeker or deadlier! The legendary Shaw Brothers studios brings you four classics masterpieces in one highly collectable box set. These four all time great films, feature the stars and creators of such international hits as Five Deadly Venoms, The One-Armed Swordsman and Flying Guillotine. Each film is presented in a razor-sharp, digitally remastered transfers.

Heroic Ones

The "iron triangle" of director Chang Cheh and proteges David Chiang and Ti Lung make The Heroic Ones a quintessential action epic, set during the waning years of the Tang Dynasty and centering on a royal family rife with intrigue.

Battle Wizard

A brother who loves books and a sister who loves swords must face a yellow-robed warrior, the Red Python, a sinuous snake-charmer and a silk-masked beauty (who must kill or wed the first man to see her face) in this special, cliche-smashing production.

Brothers Five

The terrific team of director Lo Wei (who helmed Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan's first major movies) and superstar swordswoman Cheng Pei-pei (famous for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) create another high-action winner of brotherly love... and death.

Two Champions of Shaolin

Legendary kung-fu film director Chang Cheh presents another of his on-going, action-packed, internationally loved "Venom" cult classics, pitting anti-Manchu Shaolin masters against devious Wutang warriors in a literal fight to the death.

Im in, this sounds great!!! Its official right??

It's taken from Well Go's official site. So I'm pretty sure!

I think somebody was asleep at the wheel. Brothers 5 and Battle Wizard? I've never liked the idea of boxset movie comps because it seems like they're scared to put all top notch movies in. They always have to include some "tokens." It would be a winner if they swapped Battle Wizard for Bloody Parrot and Brothers 5 for 5 Tough Guys. But I'm guessing this has more to do with what they have the rights to.

Archived