Ocean Shores Questions

Atherton

I know a lot of people like the Ocean Shores vhs releases. In my experiences English dubbed versions are more common amongst collectors/fans and that the Chinese language versions are more harder to come by.

Is this true for you as well. I'm also under the impression that the Chinese language versions were more likely to be widescreen. Can anyone confirm this?

Based on my findings for every 20 English dubbed OS titles, I've seen 1 Chinese language version title.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thedirtytiger

Chinese OS are hard to find. They started out doing Chinese wide screen versions and i9f the stories are to bve believed then Ric 'the twat' Meyers convinced them that full screen and English dubbed is the way to go, so they binned all the wide subbed prints.

Every Chinese OS I've ran into was a previous Chinatown rental and had no cover. Some looked like self manufactured copies. Yeah thanks for nothing Ric Meyers.

I'm not sure if that Ric Meyers story was true - Teako170 contacted the man himself and said he hadn't told OS to do that as "full-screen cuts off the action".

Ocean was using cropped 16mm prints for transfers for nearly a decade before they worked with Ric Meyers. And they didn't listen to him as much as some people think. They often put his writeups on the wrong movies. I remember him complaining about it in the MAMA zine.

"But Still" it's Ric Meyers.

So I take it they took those cropped 16mm prints and transfered those to 1" video correct?

Archived