The Lady Constables (1978)

teako170

Not to be confused with Lady Karate (1976) which has an alt title of Lady Constable.

I've seen the '78 film listed also as LK - but I'm assuming they're confusing it with the '76 film?

Easy mistake as Judy is in both flix, but is it indeed a correct alt title for the '78 film?

Moving on ...

Very cool kung. Had a nice G/B/U feel (with the uneasy, on/off alliances).

Judy is ever so adorable. Need to check out LK and Queen Boxer - which FLK seems to praise highly.

Angie was doing her thing... su-perb-ly! That one hook & hold kick she does on the guy in the inn? Classic!

Plus loved how the two gals interacted with each. Nice banter.

I watched the FLK rip of the old Ocean Shores tape (which is wide/ burnt subs).

Not a fan of burnt in but always cool to see things wide - and a wide OS copy at that!

Believe Linn once listed the few OS videos that were released in wide. I know its not many.

What I didn't care for were the early fight sequences. The missing frames created mini-jumpcuts.

I'm guessing this was done as an editing device but I thought it looked too choppy.

The end fight was much improved.

Plus what was Wang Kuan (man who talks w/ paper) saying??

Wish his scribblings could have been translated.

Anyhow, cool kung again. Don't have any scans to provide. Where's Falkor when you need him??

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

I agree good film, Judy Lee and Angie Mao together as reluctant allies are great, Champ Wang is a guy I quite like and I wish there was a translation for his written signs too.

Judy looking ever-so-stunning.

Intrigued by this Queen Boxer/ The Avenger flick.

Suppose to take up after Boxer from Shantung left off...??

judylee.jpg

ironfistedmonk
Judy looking ever-so-stunning.

Intrigued by this Queen Boxer/ The Avenger flick.

Suppose to take up after Boxer from Shantung left off...??

judylee.jpg

Yeah she plays Brother Ma's sister, I've got the Vengeance release but it's a terrible full screen print, I need a decent version of this.

Queen Boxer is really only worth seeing for the epic fight at the end, there are some good fights through the rest of the film but that last fight completely elevates it into something else.

Archived