Does the Shaw Bros movie lot still exist?

The Silver Fox

The Silver Fox

I know they have a studio building or something , but does anybody know if the 'town' on Clearwater Bay still exists? My wife is from the Philippines and we are going to visit soon and I want to stop in Hong Kong for a couple of days so I wanted to find out. I also want to load up on(legit) DVD's while I'm there so any suggestions on where to buy would be cool.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what was their last film?Drunken Monkey?

Yes. Corey Yuen Kwai is supposed to direct a remake of "Vengeance" for Celestial, that might be as close as we come to a 'new' SB movie.

TVB had been using the back lot for a lot of their TV series, and when TVB moved further into the New Territories into their new studio at Tseung Kwan-o, the backlot got closed down. I'm not sure how much of it left standing, next time I'm at Celestial or Shaws i

ll have a look

• Administrator
what "Vengence" is Shaw remaking?

and why the hell dont they make movies anymore?

The VENGEANCE, with Ti Lung and David Chiang. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out. It's a classic!

Why?Check this and you'll know why.

Lady is the boss was made in 1983 and Box Office:HK $5,077,592.00

while Golden Harvest's Winners and Sinners is HK $21,972,419.00 the same year.Even their come back movies like Drunken Monkey or Hero didn't help.

Well,that's a shame.

well yea but even if they did straight to DVD releases or somthing u kno?

Archived