recommendations needed

shaolin drunkard

shaolin drunkard

Hi.I`m after triad films which have some serious martial arts in style of burning ambition and dragon family.Please suggest some which are easily available,names of almost-impossible-to-get-rarities do not help me at all:(

thx.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one...I would suggest the Club but it is quite rare...

The 'Young and Dangerous' films are great triad films but not really martial arts.

Here are some films with serious martial arts that have triads in them, that I recommend:

TIGER ON THE BEAT (think it is triads?)

GOODBYE MR COOL (some nice fights)

BEAST COPS (excellent movie with great finale)

TASK FORCE (one of my all time favourites, couple of fights)

Morgoth Bauglir

First Shot with Ti Lung is a good one. Somewhat of a gangster movie, but it's more about the cops. Good comedy, drama, fights, story, acting... good everything.

Chinatown Kid

There is a film on DVD Tai Seng released that stars Dick Wei that featured good triad/kickboxing, I think the name of it was Code of Honor.....

• Administrator
Hi.I`m after triad films which have some serious martial arts in style of burning ambition and dragon family.Please suggest some which are easily available,names of almost-impossible-to-get-rarities do not help me at all:(

thx.

There's a great gangster film featuring a lot of martial arts fights called CITY OF VIOLENCE. It's not exactly a Triad film per se, as it's Korean. But it's easy to get (Best Buy, Blockbuster), and it's action packed. Another more serious (also Korean, and easily attainable) film is DIRTY CARNIVAL. Excellent movie!

Have you seen THE CHINATOWN KID (from Hong Kong) from Shaw Brothers? Can't believe Chinatown Kid didn't recommend that one!:) How about OUTLAW BROTHERS with Frankie Chan? FLASHPOINT, LICENSE TO STEAL, PROFILE OF ANGER...

Morgoth Bauglir
There is a film on DVD Tai Seng released that stars Dick Wei that featured good triad/kickboxing, I think the name of it was Code of Honor.....

That movie is KICK ASS. Good stuff from start to finish.

Here's a few more I just thought of-

On the Run with Yuen Biao. Very intense.

Long Arm of the Law 3. Not the best story, but it's intense and has great action scenes (fighting and gunplay).

Also, no martial arts, but you have to see The Longest Nite. It's been my favorite HK movie for awhile. Very serious movie.

shaolin drunkard

Thx all,going to check out many of suggested titles:).And yes,KFBob I have seen chinatown kid long time ago in proper version from vhs.I do not want to ruin nice memory of it by picking cut ivl released:quiet:

Archived