Masscre Survivor - So What Happened to it?

whitetigerny

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thedirtytiger

No because of the bootleggers, they know that as soon as the print hits the market the booters will go crazy with it, so they just aren't bothering...:(:(:(

No because of the bootleggers, they know that as soon as the print hits the market the booters will go crazy with it, so they just aren't bothering...:(:(:(

that sounds like speculation on your part. how true is this really? :l

ironfistedmonk

Were they going to release it? The arse end has fallen out of the kung fu DVD market and no one is releasing anything at the minute, hopefully it will see the light of day before I pop me clogs.

thedirtytiger

It is not speculation at all, I know the boss of Rarescope and that's what he told me. They stopped releasing due to rampant bootlegging, especially that git who operates Panmedia / Redsun etc.

Guest Markgway
They stopped releasing due to rampant bootlegging, especially that git who operates Panmedia / Redsun etc.

Still, I'm sure that won't stop certain people here from buying Redshit.

It is not speculation at all, I know the boss of Rarescope and that's what he told me. They stopped releasing due to rampant bootlegging, especially that git who operates Panmedia / Redsun etc.

Thanks for clearing that up, I appreciate the inside information.

This situation has also resulted in a the price of legit releases increasing in price- which is not good- some of the prices of HKLs for instance is ridiculous!

Killer Meteor
This situation has also resulted in a the price of legit releases increasing in price- which is not good- some of the prices of HKLs for instance is ridiculous!

Actually, that's because the HKLs are going out of print fast. They actually dropped in price after 2003 when it came to RRP

kungfusamurai

Silly argument. If it's not someone putting it out as a Red Sun disc then it'll be someone offering it as a Torrent. So why bother releasing movies anymore since someone's going to bootleg them at one time or another?

It's up to the major retailers to weed out the Bootleg distributors from the Legit. If Rarescope has bought the legit copyright to distribute the film in North America, then they should be able to exert pressures on retailers who put Red Sun and Pan Media versions on their shelves.

KFS

Killer Meteor
Silly argument. If it's not someone putting it out as a Red Sun disc then it'll be someone offering it as a Torrent.

KFS

I think they probably were barely making even as it was. A case of the straw breaking the camal's back

Actually, that's because the HKLs are going out of print fast. They actually dropped in price after 2003 when it came to RRP

Yes that is true I do recall that, however my point is, as HKL and other legit companies disappear and obviously no longer issues discs, whats out there just goes up in price. For some especially newbies this may just lead them to the boots and torrent sites, it almost a catch 22!

Killer Meteor
Yes that is true I do recall that, however my point is, as HKL and other legit companies disappear and obviously no longer issues discs, whats out there just goes up in price. For some especially newbies this may just lead them to the boots and torrent sites, it almost a catch 22!

Oddly, it the newer HKL discs that are OOP. A fair few of their earliest titles are still avaliable. Could be more were printed in the first place

odioustrident

So companies, at least sometimes, don't release prints because of bootlegging? How much startup, or plain old money, is required to release a disc? I consider Rarescope to be a pretty grass roots organization, meaning it is comprised of fans and not a business group looking to make whatever money one can producing kung fu dvds. Bootlegging has not stopped Rarescope before, so is this a relatively new phenomena?

Guest Markgway

The difference between torrent sites and Pan Media is that torrent sites make no money out of these films and are there purely for promotional purposes. We're not talking big business. No one goes into HK Flix and pre-orders a torrent do they?

Killer Meteor

Indeed. Panmedia appears in legit shops and sites

Imagine someone was thinking of ordering Showdown At Cotton Mill from Amazon,uk, then saw the Panmedia in Best Buy and bought that instead

Archived