Watched Human Lanterns for the first time...

The Silver Fox

The Silver Fox

Wow, what a strange and compelling film. I purchased the Image version which I understand is the most complete available at this time.

I think what sets it apart, aside form the genre mixing is there is a neat little morality tale interwoven amidst the ghastly stalking/skinning/etc. Of course it is beautifully filmed and(I find this about alot of Shaw bros movies) it's almost like a play. The compact and familiar sets absorb you into this little world. Human Lanterns is a creative and disturbing masterpiece.

Anyhow I'm new here, long time lurker just recently joined. This is a great site. I'm a life long Kung Fu movie fan I'm just getting my collection together. Lots of great info here. The Silver Fox

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin drunkard

Human Lanterns is good.Even some my friends who are not into kf-films like it.Movie has kinda unique atmosphere,I have watched it 8 to 10 times.

Yeah, the Image version is the one I got to, I like Human Lanterns a lot, but not nearly as much as some people on the forum. Some have it in their top 5 all time. Chen Kuan Tai's role is too small and the other guy, I just don't like his screen presence all that much. Lo Lieh on the other hand, he was fantastic!

shaolin drunkard

Nothing wrong in Anthony Laus fighting skills but somehow his looks make me think he should be starring in category III sexploitations instead of kung-fu:quiet:

Welcome aboard Silver Fox.

Ah love this movie, no movie has ever merged horror and Kung Fu/Wuxia together in such a way, it makes this movie unique, I thought Anthony Laus was a great choice for the main character, I'm sure he's a good looking guy and it was his irrogance that made his performance shine(matched by Chen Kuan Tai, they were both excellent in this), and his sword skills are pretty good. Best performance by Lo Mang outside a Venoms film, shame they wasted Sun Chein in this. There was something freaky about Lo Lieh running around in the woods in that bear outfit.

What do you think Teako?:angel:XD

Archived