2 members have voted

1. 1. Best Film: EoS, CoWL, or 5MoS?

• Executioners of Shaolin
    • Clan/Fist of The White Lotus
    • 5 Masters of Shaolin

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 Masters, its the very definition of Old School martial arts films. The 1st film I think of when I think of Shaw Brothers.

Iron Boat, same here. (I think about that film, too... when I think about Shaw)....

But as far as ranking, I'll have to agree with Kung Fu Bob:

1. EoS

2. FotWL

3. FMoD

shaolin drunkard

wtf,executioners has equal amounts of votes now.ladyboy vs mr.white hair in the end hardly equals fights in 5 shaolin masters...music,sets and characters in shaolin masters sooooooo much better too......best fights in executioners is when hung si kwan enters into headquarters of pai mei 2nd time and meets his henchmen:)

I can imagine the females in Hong Kong during the 70s going crazy and goo goo over 5 Shaolin Masters, I can imagine them walking out the theater early on Executioners from Shaolin. :nerd:

Though Chen Kuan Tai is my favorite Shaw actor and martial artist I thought Lar Kar Leung didn't make him enough of a bad azz in Executioners. Come on, thats the Boxer From Shantung, let him kill Pai Mei brutally.

But if CKT killed Pau Mei, it just wouldn't be the same.

The appeal of SE, to me, is the fact that he trains and trains and is never quite good enough. It would be a typical kung fu flick if it worked the way the audience wanted it to work.

In a way thats a bad message though, train and train and still lose, thats anti Old School Kung Fu. I get what pops was trying to do but Wing Ding getting the job done voids his lesson.

shaolin drunkard

Message of the story was tiger claw is so poor form of kung-fu even if welltrained,fast and muscular you will lose to 100years old weakling.

Shame I see a lot of disrespect for Wong Yue who I don't believe deserves it(especially in racial insensitive slurs). The point to Executioners From Shaolin was to open your mind to other styles, Lily Li's crane style was the yin to Chen Kuan Tai harder tiger style that would of been yang, it took Wong Yue's character to train in both styles to defeat him.

Like I said I like all 3 movies but Executioners has everything you could ask for in a Kung Fu movie, it's a true classic, and damn, that opening fight is as good as it gets.

Archived