Showdown at the Cotton Mill

crazedjustice888

TibetanWhiteCrane

Have the US version, so I can't speak on that. But that's messed up!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kungpowmaster

I have this film on the Flicks With Kicks Vol 1 10 film(or is it 8?) set. I think it's out of print now, and I'm not sure of Vol 2 ever came out, as the company folded. Anyway these are all Rarescope films. I haven't watched it yet. I also had this title on that old Videoasia Kung Fu 10 pack, but that set barely played and it was unwatchable. I'll have to watch this one.

Guest Markgway

I can forgive less than perfect prints being used for genuinely rare films, but poor authoring is unforgiveable (and unnecessary).

Chinatown Kid

I love this film, it's the ultimate southern fists vs northern kicks film. Tan and Chin have both said this is their best work. Im so glad Rarescope did their best to restore the damaged print and release it on dvd. Anyone else a fan of this film?

The Silver Fox

Yeah, I think it is a great flick. I recently re-watched it and there is some dazzling leg work, esp. in the end fight.

OpiumKungFuCracker

An amazing title for a kung fu film. Showdown, I love that, at the Cotton Mill, well, some of the best fights do happen at cotton mills for sure.

It`s fantastic flick, likely among 3 of best I have seen from smaller studios. I wish subs would be more easy to read but rarescope did good work still...

So many good scenes in this, my favorite besides finale is when TTL attacks CKC when he ripping tree off from ground:nerd:.

Chinatown Kid

It must have been a challenge pitting Chi`s hung gar against Tan`s taekwondo kicksvbut they pulled it off well. That end fight is totally awesome, they just don't make oldschool fights like that anymore! Great atmosphere to the film as well.

Definitely love this film...Toby (yes, that is his English name) Chi is in top form and of course, Delon Tan is just one of the best kickers...love when he holds the vase up with his foot and kicks with vase during the climax. :)

It`s fantastic flick, likely among 3 of best I have seen from smaller studios. I wish subs would be more easy to read but rarescope did good work still...

So many good scenes in this, my favorite besides finale is when TTL attacks CKC when he ripping tree off from ground:nerd:.

A fan made DVD that contained removeable subtitles was released for free several years ago.

At the time, a few years back, it was uploaded to a torrent site. I don't think it's available on torrents anymore though, as it was some time ago. However, I'm sure many members of this site have it and will trade a copy with you. Maybe try putting out a request for it in the trading section?

Chinatown Kid
An amazing title for a kung fu film. Showdown, I love that, at the Cotton Mill, well, some of the best fights do happen at cotton mills for sure.

We'll the actual throwdown takes place at Tan's pad. Chi comes in and throws this big wooden sign at Tan and he jumps up from his chair and kicks it with both feet breaking it in half, cool as hell. Anybody know what the sign said in English? (I'm guessing Wu Tang as that was supposed to be Tan's clan)

Archived