Celestial DVDs: A few questions to settle the score

mpm74

I've been doing searches here and there, and have come across huge threads, but I'm in search of some simple answers. I know the threads are there, but I really need some fresh input for my own selfish sake.

(and I'm talking about the HK/IVL Shaws, not any of the R1 releases)

1) Is Celestial still making upcoming Shaw Brothers releases?

2) If they're not, are the current titles going out of print?

3) Are ANY of the titles out of print?

4) When was the last Celestial Shaw released? (month/year? this gives me an idea of when this "talk" officially started).

Mods, sorry it this is a redundant thread. Sometimes it's better to start a new one, instead of spending too much time digging for quick answers.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) There's a lot of conflicting info going around right now about this one. I've heard that Celestial intends on releasing Shaw's. IVL has no plans to do so in the immediate future.

2/3) This is another tough one. I don't think they're re-issuing any titles or keeping them in print. Once the store stock is gone, that's it, I imagine.

4) Lost souls was the last shaw release in november.

1) There's a lot of conflicting info going around right now about this one. I've heard that Celestial intends on releasing Shaw's. IVL has no plans to do so in the immediate future.

IVL, meaning the HK versions, right? But Celestial still releasing them (R1's, etc?)

Thanks! =)

Actually when the present stocks are gone, many titles will be unavailable. I will be picking up titles in March when I make a trip to Hong Kong before they are all gone.

skipsweet

In the UK & i believe the US, there have recently been a few Shaw releases (by Dragon Dynasty i think????). i know the UK have had 36th Chamber Of Shaolin, which's annoying as i already have the Hong Kong release & the UK one has more extras; looks like i'll have to buy the same film again - not the first time this has happened!! :(

Archived