Nora Miao and Sonny Chiba

thedirtytiger

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still looking very forward to it!

It's like The Big Boss 2: It may not be the best movie, but it's just one more movie out of the way with our favorite talent. Ain't nothing wrong with that!

=D

• Administrator

Thanks for the details Shapes.

Obviously I would have loved hearing that this was a non-stop action fest, with Chiba-san wrecking house throughout. But I still want to see it, that's for sure. :nerd:

Fang Shih-yu

Considering I recently sat through The Skyhawk where Nora Miao wound up doing not much more than look gorgeous:kiss:, this movie is still something to look forward to! I've yet to be disappointed by a Sonny Chiba film; even the lesser ones have some spice to them! I, too, await this!:bigsmile:

• Administrator
Considering I recently sat through The Skyhawk where Nora Miao wound up doing not much more than look gorgeous:kiss:, this movie is still something to look forward to!

No kidding! I remember that was one that I searched high and low for back in the day. Great cast, a WFH story... seemed like it would be great. But after finally getting it I was completely underwhelmed by it.

I've yet to be disappointed by a Sonny Chiba film; even the lesser ones have some spice to them! I, too, await this!:bigsmile:

WORD! :nerd:

Even when Sonny is in direct to cable movies (IMMORTAL COMBAT), or in a film where he has no action, only dialogue (KILL BILL, SURVIVE STYLE 5+), he still rocks! :bigsmile:

Fang Shih-yu
Great cast, a WFH story... seemed like it would be great. But after finally getting it I was completely underwhelmed by it.
Yes, The Skyhawk was a mixed bag of results! Of course (after...Nora:kiss:), Sammo Hung had a decent part (and contributed great fight choreography), Carter Huang impressed, and Kwan Tak-hing was classic WFH! Director Chen Chang Ho caught the action and some cool-looking locales on film, but once it sinks in that the same guy who directed King Boxer was calling the shots here, the clash between the director's style and the WFH films of the past wasn't gonna be pretty...and so it was!:tongue: On top of that, the print Joy Sales used for its DVD isn't the best, but it's watchable. (All the films in JS's Legendary Collection come from lower-quality sources, then?) On the other hand, I just finished with Legend of the Eight Samurai (from the Sonny Chiba collection reissued by Mill Creek) yesterday, and that was a real rollercoaster ride of a fantasy; Sonny was surounded by a great cast in this one! Definitely NOT a "lesser" one of Chiba's!:bigsmile:

Maybe it can be better appreciated with translation. Also, I don't think this was meant to be a full action film, rather it sounds like a crime drama. Anyway Mr Chiba's in it, that's enough reason to see it.

Looking forward to SKYHAWK.

As far as the Sonny Chiba flick, there's nothing wrong with a drama-crime flick. =D

Heck, Sylvester Stallone's BEST movie doesn't have an action scene til the end (Copland)!

Looking forward to SKYHAWK.

As far as the Sonny Chiba flick, there's nothing wrong with a drama-crime flick. =D

Heck, Sylvester Stallone's BEST movie doesn't have an action scene til the end (Copland)!

No complaints from me there in any way, that's my favourite type of film.

It has been a couple of months since eatingfish last posted, but he did mention that he didn't want to set a deadline (due to his busy schedule).

I'm sure there's progress in the subtitling and we'll be seeing it soon. The important part is it has been recorded. =D

thedirtytiger

So what's going on with this project ? Any idea when we might be able to watch it ? I am waiting with great anticipation...

Same here. =D

It's obviously on disc already, I'm sure it's in subtitling phase.

Crossing my fingers that it will be available soon.

thedirtytiger

So, it has been a long time coming, is this ever going to come out ? Been waiting eagerly to see it.....:bigsmile:

Heard from EatingFish a week ago.

He said he should be done with subtitling soon. Otherwise, there are some non-subbed copies floating around. =D

Did anybody retouched the picture?

Cause I have a remaster of the TOEI cable tv version (probably same as yours... I mean same broadcast).

Good news.

I finally heard from EatingFish and the subtitle is officially done. =D

I expect that he'll start distributing copies (in one way or another) in the next few weeks or so.

Did anybody retouched the picture?

Cause I have a remaster of the TOEI cable tv version (probably same as yours... I mean same broadcast).

Thats good to know that we have multiple copies of this movie. =D

i got fed up of waiting , so i downloaded it from cinemageddon still not watched because i can`t find a sub file.

i like supporting projects i`m interested in but this and the man the myth one just went quiet,so what you supposed to do?.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Did this ever get done or put out?

i got fed up of waiting , so i downloaded it from cinemageddon still not watched because i can`t find a sub file.

i like supporting projects i`m interested in but this and the man the myth one just went quiet,so what you supposed to do?.

Yeah, no kidding. :neutral:

mpm74- since you know EatingFish, can you find out how we can get copies of this? If he went to the trouble to sub it, why not make a couple of bucks and make a shitload of fans very happy. Right?

Archived