Nora Miao and Sonny Chiba

thedirtytiger

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thedirtytiger

Sorry no, I have seen 9it at the national archive but they know nothing about it and no photos allowed, but it's a real international deal with Thai, Korean, Chinese and Japanese actors, looks like some sort of tournament film ?

Anyone know about this film?

I was able to find this:

"Chiba, however, was swamped with work at home, so it was several years before he was able to answer the call and head to Hong Kong to film a movie alongside Nora Miao, who had worked with Bruce Lee on Fist of Fury and Way of the Dragon."

In this article:

http://www.teleport-city.com/movies/dvdjournal/labels/Stars:%20Sonny%20Chiba.html:

"It was popular in Hong Kong to cast Japanese as the heavies in films, so it was only natural that eventually they would come calling at the door of Sonny Chiba. He was one of the few action stars anywhere besides Bruce Lee who had a legitimate background as a martial artist before he became an actor. Chiba, however, was swamped with work at home, so it was several years before he was able to answer the call and head to Hong Kong to film a movie alongside Nora Miao, who had worked with Bruce Lee on Fist of Fury and Way of the Dragon. Chiba was excited about the prospect of meeting Bruce Lee, whom he greatly respected, but more delays meant that Chiba arrived in Hong Kong only to find out that Lee had tragically passed away a few days before."

Anyone know what movie?

kungfusamurai

There's a film called 'Devil's Treasure' she filmed in 1973, but it doesn't say anything about Chiba being in it, and I haven't seen it.

KFS

Stuntman Jules

There was this cheapo film Sonny was in called Soul of Bruce Lee or Soul of Chiba, is that it?

Really a shame Bruce died before he and Sonny could lock fists. I also wish Shaw Brothers had imported Chiba, the closest they got was Yasuaki Kurata. It would hilarious to see a film where his Yagyu Jubei ended up in China somehow and ran into Gordon Liu's San Te.

It's probably the 1973 film "Tokyo-Seoul-Bangkok".

According to Henshin online-http://www.henshinonline.com/chiba.html

"During the last year of production on KEY HUNTER, Hong Kong Superstar Bruce Lee came to the attention of Chiba through marital arts star Yasuaki Kurata. Chiba was well known in Hong Kong due to KEY HUNTER, and through their mutual friend, the two met to discuss a joint film project. Unfortunately, the film was put off due to Chiba's tough TV schedule. Eventually, Chiba agreed to appear in the Hong Kong/Japanese production: TOKYO-SEOUL-BANGKOK: TRUE STORY OF THE NARCOTICS ZONE (Tokio-Souru-Bankoku Jitsuroku Mayaku Chitai) in 1973. He had to postpone his arrival in Hong Kong by ten days and soon after his plane landed, he was shocked to hear the news that Bruce Lee had suddenly passed away."

Supposedly this was re-run on a channel in Asia a few years ago, but I've yet to actually hear anyone say they've seen it.

thedirtytiger

It definitely isn't Soul Of Chiba. I never heard of Tokyo-Seoul-Bangkok but if that's a real movie then it is that. Now, anyone actually have this movie ? I have money and will pay for it :):tongue:

And it's not Devil's Treasure either. I seen that one.

Good job Yakuza, sounds like "Tokyo-Seoul-Bangkok" may be it, especially since it's HK/Japanese co-production.

Looks like Tokyo-Seoul-Bangkok is another "Big Boss II".... maybe in a few years we'll see a 3 minute clip of it on youtube.

Looks like Tokyo-Seoul-Bangkok is another "Big Boss II".... maybe in a few years we'll see a 3 minute clip of it on youtube.

Yes, it's an impossibly rare film, been looking for it for ages.

Had no idea Nora Miao was in it, either.

The only place I saw the poster was on a bootleg disc of Chiba's Power of Aikido.

EDIT: Are we sure she's actually in this film? If someone could upload the poster here that'd be great.

kungfusamurai

Here's an article that confirms it

http://www.henshinonline.com/chiba.html

...Eventually, Chiba agreed to appear in the Hong Kong/Japanese production: TOKYO-SEOUL-BANGKOK: TRUE STORY OF THE NARCOTICS ZONE (Tokio-Souru-Bankoku Jitsuroku Mayaku Chitai) in 1973. He had to postpone his arrival in Hong Kong by ten days and soon after his plane landed, he was shocked to hear the news that Bruce Lee had suddenly passed away.

KFS

Good job, guys. =D

The only place I saw the poster was on a bootleg disc of Chiba's Power of Aikido.

Do you still have this disc? Can you get a screen shot of the poster?

It looks like her face may be on the poster, too hard to tell. But since her name is in the credits, she's in it. =D

Tokyo Seoul Bangkok Drug Triangle starring Sonny Chiba with Nora Miao

TokyoSeoulBangkokDrugTriangle.jpg

Anyone have a better image of this poster?

I dug the disc out, MPM, but the quality is grainy, no better than the one you just posted.

Damn, we NEED to see this film!

Literally no sign of it!

That's nice, man.

Looks like its "HD" as well.

Anyone in this forum lives in Japan?

Archived