How many flying guillotines ?

Guest the dirty tiger

Guest the dirty tiger

I am a big big fan of Flying Gullotine films, but there aren't many of them. Here are the ones I think of of the top of my head, please let me know if you have any to add to the list :

Master Of The Flying Guillotine

Vengeful Beauty

Flying Guillotine

Flying Guillotine 2

Fatal Flying Guillotine

there's a tiny bit of guillotine action in Shaolin Death Squads

A Sword Renounced ( the chinese Zatoichi rip off aka Zatoichi vs The Flying Guillotine )

Anybody think of anything at all to add please ?

Thanks ;)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest daTOAD

i love this weapon. i just got a movie the other night that used one, cant remember what it was though. it may have been Ninja Pirates.it was a simplier version though and only had the chain and the blades[same weapon though]. will have to go through the films i got last week again, but i know someone used the Flyng Guillotine.

Guest morgoth

TRicky Brains with Stephen chow has a flying guillotine spoof in it. One of the better parts of the movie.

Guest the dirty tiger

AHA I love Tricky Brains ! Need to see it again, cant remember half of it ;)

Bruce Long

The recently-released "Bloody Mask" was a very early flying guillotine-type film, but it's not used much.

Guest iron flag

Does anyone know if there's a dubbed or subtitled version of Zatoichi vs Flying Guillotine around?

Does anyone know if there's a dubbed or subtitled version of Zatoichi vs Flying Guillotine around?

There's one coming soon. ;)

Guest Chen Zhen

i havent seen every guillotine movie made....but i'll bet my money that Master of the Flying Guillotine is in the top 3 at the least. fatal flyin gguillotine is a fun movie as well, but theres somethin about carter wong....

Guest stormybman

Best guillotine movie is Master of the Flying Guillotine. The blind master's weapon is so cool, and compact, it's head and shoulders above the others. The master is also quite adept with his hermit like existance, having studied in the outskirts... He also had two pupils, meaning his skill level was high. The other films didn't seem to employ the proper usage of the weapon, not enough action (The Flying Guillotine), not enough story/character development (Fatal Flying Guillotines),

and plot overkill ( Flying Guillotine 2), possibly becuse Ti Lung was playing Chen Kuai Tai's character from the original, and it had a totally different flavor...

Bruce Long

Dragon Missle could be considered a flying guillotine, of sorts (there was lots of beheading with it). I thought the weapon looked ultra-cool, but the plot was very weak.

Vengeful Beauty

I found movie boring despite quite many fights,guillotines,wang lung wei and naked breasts in 60 mins.Ending is better,bad guy is killed too quickly but doppelganger stuff is something not often seen.

One Armed Boxer

I seem to remember a flying guillotine briefly being used against Carter Wong in Shaolin Invincibles, along with some kung-fu fighting gorillas, long tongued wizards, and all manner of other craziness...

Shaolin Kung Fu Mystagague has Chang Yi playing a rebel villian with a Flying Guillotine like weapon refered to in the English dub as "Bloody Birds"... Cool Weapons non the less.

:cool:

Archived