Blood and Bone (2009) - New Director's Cut Just Released Exclusively Online!

AlbertV

That's an extra 20 minutes added to the run time...@Karlos once you've given it a watch it would be great if you could check in and let us know what the extra scenes are.  I'm presuming it's going to be all dialogue and character building stuff, but if there's any new fights in there or extensions to the existing action, I may consider giving it a watch.

Just finished watching this.  Bearing in mind it's a while since I last saw B&B, I certainly couldn't see any additions to the action scenes. 

Therefore, I'm guessing the extended time was indeed more in the way of longer versions of existing dialogue scenes.

Again, couldn't spot anything startlingly different there - maybe the "Wang Chung" murder scene? - but beyond that, nothing substantial.

The question is, do you need to see this DC if you already have the theatrical cut, though?  Probably not. The longer running time really doesn't add anything.

Still, any reason to revisit B&B is a good one and, in any version, it holds up as a cracking flick.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Again, couldn't spot anything startlingly different there - maybe the "Wang Chung" murder scene? - but beyond that, nothing substantial.

Actually, the Wang Chung murder scene is in the theatrical version. I meant to comment on that in my recent mini-review. I love that bit! "A little white boy music, anyone?" You know it's about to get psycho up in there.

Actually, the Wang Chung murder scene is in the theatrical version. I meant to comment on that in my recent mini-review. I love that bit! "A little white boy music, anyone?" You know it's about to get psycho up in there.

That's correct - I meant, it could possibly be longer in the DC, but not sure.

ShaOW!linDude

That's correct - I meant, it could possibly be longer in the DC, but not sure.

Ah. My bad. Yeah, the only dude getting his Wang Chung on was the villain. That was almost as cool as Christian Bale going all homicidal to Huey Lewis & The News in American Psycho. Almost.

Archived