Blood and Bone (2009) - New Director's Cut Just Released Exclusively Online!

AlbertV

Sony Pictures has acquired all North American rights to the fight film Blood and Bone. Michael Jai White plays the role of Isaiah Bone, a man who enters the world of underground fighting. His sole purpose is to fulfill a promise to a friend that passed away.

The film co-stars Eamonn Walker (Oz), Julian Sands (Warlock), Nona Gaye (The Matrix Reloaded), and MMA fighter Kimbo Slice.

Ben Ramsey directed the film with fight choreography from J.J. Perry, who worked with White on Undisputed 2.

Not sure when the film is coming out as Sony announced it on the eve of the Sundance Film Festival.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much longer will they continue to absolutely waste a talent like Jai White? Damn,I'm sick of this! Will someone write a Martial Arts film for this man?!

... Hell, how much money was wasted on "The Muscles from Brussels"?

Drunken Monk

I haven't really experienced Michael Jai White. He looks like a force to be reckoned with and actually wondered whether he'd been in any worthwhile movies.

Of course, I've seen the "Black Dynamite" trailer.

I haven't really experienced Michael Jai White. He looks like a force to be reckoned with and actually wondered whether he'd been in any worthwhile movies.

Of course, I've seen the "Black Dynamite" trailer.

:nerd:

DUDE...:

&

Drunken Monk

I consider myself schooled. I'll have to go out and see what movies of his I can check out.

That actually looks like quite an enjoyable little B -movie, always like Michael Jai White would love to have seen him be Blade in the tv series, or maybe they could reboot the franchise.

Producers are developing a Blade prequel trilogy apparently....but back to Michael Jai White.

He made a pretty good bad guy in Ballistic (aka Fist of Justice). He had an underground fight against Georges Bejue and then had a decent fight scene in the end against Joel "I was in that Preferred Stock commercial" Beeson.

I was just wondering what people thought of this movie blood and bones?

Albert, have you heard anything more about a Blade prequel trilogy that you mentioned in your post above?

ShaOW!linDude

If you're a fan of Undisputed 2 & 3: GET THIS, GET THIS, GET THIS!!!!!

You'll not be disappointed.

Albert, have you heard anything more about a Blade prequel trilogy that you mentioned in your post above?

Since that post, there has been no new word, so the project looks like it is either dead or in limbo as of now.

As for BLOOD AND BONE, it is definitely worth seeing MJW go in full swing MA mode. The director of the film, Ben Ramsey, redeemed himself in a major way after writing the screenplay for one of the most atrocious movies ever made (DRAGONBALL: EVOLUTION).

Guest WuxiaFan
If you're a fan of Undisputed 2 & 3: GET THIS, GET THIS, GET THIS!!!!!

You'll not be disappointed.

Completely agree with ShaOW!linDude. MJW is a complete badass in BLOOD AND BONE and just kicks ass all the way through it. Loved it! :smile:

Tigerstyles
Thanks but I'm from the UK. It is already pretty cheap I'm just waiting for it to drop another pound.

morrisons supermarket had it for £3

morrisons supermarket had it for £3

Thanks for the tip.:bigsmile: I guess different Morrison's have different offers? Spotted a few cine Asia DVDs/Blu rays but nothing that could normally be picked up cheaper online.

One Armed Boxer

Wow!  Amazing - love this movie and can't wait to see this.

That's an extra 20 minutes added to the run time...@Karlos once you've given it a watch it would be great if you could check in and let us know what the extra scenes are.  I'm presuming it's going to be all dialogue and character building stuff, but if there's any new fights in there or extensions to the existing action, I may consider giving it a watch.

Archived