Goldig Films

HAZ

Hi,

I've seen a couple movies recently produced by Goldig films (The Gold Connection & The Black Belt). They put out a number of films in the 70's, & I'm sure that if you don't know the name, you'd recognize their logo. I'm sure I've seen other Goldig productions & just didn't take notice of the company name. The Gold Connection was pretty good, & I really liked the Black Belt, which starred Pai Ying. I'm putting together a review of that one, so keep your eyes peeled. Do folks here have any favorite Goldig films? I was surprised to see that they have a website up & that it has a filmography, along with a history of the company. Here's a link:

http://www.goldigfilms.com.hk/Movies/index.htm

Some of the titles sound cool, like "Mantis Fists & Tiger Claws of Shaolin".

h

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ironfistedmonk

Yep

daggers 8

2 Wondrous Tigers

Kung Fu Master Named Drunk Cat

SITES 2

and Mantis Fist and Tiger Claws of Shaolin, classic

In addition to the aforementioned DAGGERS 8 and DUEL OF THE SEVEN TIGERS, I would add KUNG FU GENIUS and SNAKE IN THE MONKEY'S SHADOW as recommended Goldig titles.

Are many of their films available subbed/widescreen? Gold Connection was subbed, but I don't think that it was in OAR. I think Hot Blood was made available on VCD/DVD. I've heard that one is not so hot.

ironfistedmonk
In addition to the aforementioned DAGGERS 8 and DUEL OF THE SEVEN TIGERS, I would add KUNG FU GENIUS and SNAKE IN THE MONKEY'S SHADOW as recommended Goldig titles.

yes them there are kung fu gold too. Goldig looks like a fairly well organised company, I wonder if they still have the reels for all those films locked away in a basement somewhere Shaw Bros style?

yes them there are kung fu gold too. Goldig looks like a fairly well organised company, I wonder if they still have the reels for all those films locked away in a basement somewhere Shaw Bros style?

I got this from the goldig site:

"Since Goldig Films ceased its movie businesses in the mid-1980¡¦s, the company¡¦s movies, together with related materials such as movie posters, have been kept and conserved at the Government-funded Hong Kong Film Archive. The movies are constantly being used for studies and research in movie production and the history of Chinese movies."

I wonder if the hk film archive rents out prints?

hey,

didn't The Dragon Lives Again have the Goldig logo? Now that's a classic that should have its original print slapped onto a dvd. :)

Archived