Has LICENSE TO STEAL ever been released on DVD anywhere?

KUNG FU BOB

• Administrator

I just watched this unsung action/comedy classic on VCD and am yearning to see a quality release of this.

Does anyone know of it being put out on DVD anywhere? Or if Joy Sales or Fortune Star are planning on releasing it? My fear is that this is one that's stuck in the Warner Brothers vault of limbo.

Thanks in advance for any info! ;)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
i think mei ah released this in HK before but i could be wrong.

If anybody has this Mei Ah DVD, please stand and be counted. :l

Chinatown Kid

All I've been able to find is the crappy Tai Seng vhs, if it was released on DVD by Mei Ah then I don't know how I missed it, I own every movie on DVD featuring Yuen because he's always been one of my favorites.

• Administrator
All I've been able to find is the crappy Tai Seng vhs, if it was released on DVD by Mei Ah then I don't know how I missed it, I own every movie on DVD featuring Yuen because he's always been one of my favorites.

I've got that too. The shame of it is- the VHS has a much clearer picture than the VCD, but the subs are chopped on both sides and sometimes the bottom. The VCD has easily readable subs and is widescreen, but is really blurry! Damn. I can't believe you can't get a decent copy of THIS, but there are several versions of crap like MARTIAL ANGELS readily available.:mad:

• Administrator

Thanks. Shame the bidding ended in September. Any of you guys have this on laser disc then?

TibetanWhiteCrane

No dvd as far as I know. I have dvd-r of this, which I thought was sourced from vcd, but having seen some vcd clips, mine is slightly better, and I don't remember the subs being cut off or nothing. Perhaps it's laserdisc, but I have no way of knowing, cuz I don't remember who I got it from.

Oh well, not a spectacular movie in my book.

ShaOW!linDude
I wondered if this is now on DVD?

I just found the movie on you tube and wondered whether to watch it if there's no DVD.

Jamal has a version here at post #15. I believe it is taken from the laser disc, too. You could pm him. Shoot, as long as the picture and sound are good and it's WS, I plan on getting it at some point.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14258&page=2

I kind of like this one. Biao is pretty funny in this and the fights are good 80's Modern Action fare.

i have the laserdisc and it looks awesome and is WS. it looks much better on a TV than on youtube.

that youtube clip (not jamal's) is not LD, looks like a VCD.

Jamal has a version here at post #15. I believe it is taken from the laser disc, too. You could pm him. Shoot, as long as the picture and sound are good and it's WS, I plan on getting it at some point.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14258&page=2

I kind of like this one. Biao is pretty funny in this and the fights are good 80's Modern Action fare.

thanks SD & everyone else who answered.

Archived