Animeigo Will Be Releasing Sleepy Eyes of Death on DVD

kungfusamurai

Ugh, I listened to that commentary track before I knew anything about Ric Meyers(which I've corrected since by reading these forums) and good lord is it a terrible track. It seemed like he couldn't pronounce any Japanese word/name correctly. Not to mention the complete lack of any worthwhile info being given. I actually sent an e-mail to animeigo asking them not to use him anymore, which is something I never do. I think I may send an actual snail mail because I think those are taken more seriously.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually sent an e-mail to animeigo asking them not to use him anymore, which is something I never do. I think I may send an actual snail mail because I think those are taken more seriously.

If you used cut out lettering from various magazines and newspapers glued to paper, you'd really be taken seriously! ;)

KFS

I'll be honest I didn't even know who Ric Meyer was! But from what you Guys say about him he Sucks Big Time! I haven't watched my new films from AnimEigo yet, so I didn't get a chance to hear his comments yet!

But I did find one interview with him on youtube:

I wouldn't go as far as to call him a 'jerk', like one of the people commenting on the youtube video, but he is someone who doesn't do a good job of fact checking. The one Ric Meyers moment I will never forget is the audio commentary on Drunken Master. I forget the actual name of the actor, he was a thick guy who was in various movies around the late 70s, maybe early 80s. Anyway, just because he was thick with muscles, Ric Meyers wasn't quite sure if it was Bolo when he co-commentator was wondering if it was Bolo. If Ric can't even tell what Bolo looks like, then there's something wrong, because Bolo is one Asian M.A. actor who has been in many different movies not just in HK or Japan, but Hollywood productions too, with pretty big theatrical film roles (I'm thinking of Enter The Dragon and Bloodsport). He doesn't look like anyone else. Big fail on Ric's part.

KFS

gonzotheking

Does anyone know when/if they are going to release the rest of the series? Did this release do well? Does anyone have any inside info?

I am aware that I can get unofficial releases elsewhere but I'd rather not buy them twice and I like official releases.

Thanks,

Gonz

Hopefully AnimEigo will release the rest of this series there usually really good, when they start a project they finish it. That is why I was hoping they would've been the ones doing the LW&C TV Series, since they did the movies.

Archived