Shaolin Temple Strikes Back, Wide

Guest inchilottaP

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fabhui

I've got it somewhere, will have to have another look cause I don't remember it looking anywhere near that bad. I might be wrong though.

Brigadier Chow

Inchillotta P is right, the Vengeance version is streched (fake widescreen). The Thai version image is superior.

Brigadier Chow

Just checked and I noticed a fight scene in it with Chan Shan and Mark Long that was not in any other release. Also the young monk has a fight with 3 men in black that I never saw in the other releases.

Guest Man from WAZ

I bought the Thai VCD as well. The picture quality is really good, very clean print. Sound is Thai only and without subs.

Could be wrong, but the image appears to be vertically stretched, so I destreched and I got an even wider aspect ratio.

Brigadier Chow

Yeah, I picked this one up, it is spread on 2 discs as are all VCD. This has always been one of my favorites. I just wish it still had the Mandarin track, they really need to consider using multiple audio. The Thai tracks have no life and they interrupt the music score sometimes, the fight foley is for the most part in tact.

Archived