Return of the Condor Heroes 2006

HAZ

Hi

Has anyone seen Return Of the Condor Heroes 2006 AKA Condor Heroes? It looks kinda cool & I was wondering if its worth picking up?

Thanks

h

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yang Wu Liang

I quite liked it, it's well made with a decent budget although the bloke who plays Yeung Gor is a bit of a tool.

I think most fans would find the action a bit annoying though - it keeps doing that matrix-style slowing down/zooming in/panning round computery thing during the fights.

In short - Worth watching for the lovely visuals and half decent action, I'd still prefer Andy Lau in the TVB version though.

So far I've seen only two Zhang Jizhong productions, but out of those two, Bi xue jian was much better than ROCH 06. If you haven't seen that one, I'd recommend you to go for it and skip ROCH 06 for now.

That's not to say ROCH 06 is poor. I actually liked it, for various reasons - from stunning visuals and cool fights (although - as Yang Wu Liang points out - they *are* rather matrix-y) to great antagonists and interesting supporting characters and side plots... But the two main protagonists simply spoil the whole thing (though that's more or less determined by the book)...:-)

...if you haven't seen it yet, watch BXJ first...;-) Better story, better fights, better characterization - and less sappy romance...;-)

Bi xue jian was much better than ROCH 06. If you haven't seen that one, I'd recommend you to go for it and skip ROCH 06 for now.

...if you haven't seen it yet, watch BXJ first...;-) Better story, better fights, better characterization - and less sappy romance...;-)

In plain English Bi Xue Jian = Sword Stained with Royal Blood. ;)

Thanks for the input guys! I checked out condor hero on youtube & liked what I saw so I made an order. I found a deal of 5 series for 100 bucks, so I included condor heroes in my order.

h

In plain English Bi Xue Jian = Sword Stained with Royal Blood. ;)

My apologies...:-) Between English title and original title, I usually choose the shorter one... ;)

Thanks for the input guys! I checked out condor hero on youtube & liked what I saw so I made an order. I found a deal of 5 series for 100 bucks, so I included condor heroes in my order.

h

Which other 4 series did you buy ?

Handsome Siblings is a stinker, should have gone for Sword Stained with Royal Blood.

Is Fearless the English name for Huo Yuan Jia ?

Handsome Siblings is a stinker, should have gone for Sword Stained with Royal Blood.

Is Fearless the English name for Huo Yuan Jia ?

Fearless is the english for Huo Yuan Jia. I liked the 1st episode of Handsome sibs, so I figured I'd bite. What surprised me was that the subs translation is only so-so on these discs. When these series are on Singaporean TV, the subs are much, much better.

OK I hope you like it. Sword Stained is among the very best tv series with english sub available. You should really consider it for your next purchase.

Archived