Which Chan movie should I Get???

lillippa328

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look like bootleg releases to me. Alot of the cheap stuff on ebay is.

The Police Story movies and Project A are atleast must haves in my opinion. The best releases would be from Hong Kong Legends, but those might be hard to come by these days.

I believe that the 6 dvd set is a legit Chinese release. The other may be too, as that seller sells mainly Chinese releases but they seem to be legit products. There's also a newer Chinese release of the Police Story trilogy.

Haven's seen either of those, I have the megastar release for all those, Police Story 2 I remember having a very annoying sound delay. Let us know how the quality is if you buy them.

The Amazing Psycho Per

The first one is the IVL release of Police story trilogy, or at least has the same covers... IF it's the IVL release, all the movies are uncut. Police Story 2 is actually the japanese cut of the movie that runs something like 20 minutes longer. It's supposed to be 121 minutes though but your ad says it's 102 minutes... Weird.

Ok, i went and got the 2nd one....if that above post is true, then the 2nd one has the 2nd movie uncut as well...and theyre all remasterd and in original format...

ill let yall know how it is!

The first one is the IVL release of Police story trilogy, or at least has the same covers... IF it's the IVL release, all the movies are uncut. Police Story 2 is actually the japanese cut of the movie that runs something like 20 minutes longer. It's supposed to be 121 minutes though but your ad says it's 102 minutes... Weird.

They are the Zoke versions. Exactly like the IVL releases, though.

They are the Zoke versions. Exactly like the IVL releases, though.

I have the Megastar versions, Police Story 2 has a nasty sound delay problem. I might have to pick up this set.

The Police Story films are a worthy investment.

But whatever you do, don't waste your time on his Hollywood stuff. (Except for Forbidden Kingdom or Shanghai Noon. Those are actually good)

Yeah I wasn't feeling new police story either. The ending was just rediculious. I love the Police Story movies, its hard to pick a favorite.

I'm falling behind on seeing Jackie's newer movies but they havent been all the great either. Have any of his recent Chinese movies been worth seeing? Last one I saw was accidental spy.

They look like Zoke Culture releases which can be quite good when ported from a decent existing release. The Police Story trilogy are the only releases I could be certain of as i've never seen the 6 film box before. I do however have the Zoke Culture Project A release, which is essentially the same as the IVL fortune star release. Unfortunately it's kind of a crap shoot when buying the Chinese budget releases, you never know exactly what you're going to get until it arrives. So bearing that in mind, i'd be more inclined to buy their releases individually.

ive bought them and watched the entire police story trilogoy...theyre all great movies...great DVDs!!!!ive still gotta chcek the others

ive bought them and watched the entire police story trilogoy...theyre all great movies...great DVDs!!!!ive still gotta chcek the others

yupz =)

im gonna buy myself the HKL copies in a month or so

Archived