Kung Fu-David Carradine(and other cool 70's/80's classic series)

Chinatown Kid

Sasquatch never looked betterXD

Yeah the Incredible Hulk was a perfect example of 70's tv, I remember thinking how sad it was this guy moving town to town alone, it really did a good job of showing the despair of the man even if it's a little cheesy now.

Now throw in some Battle of the Planets and Voltron:angel: Were about the same age where we grew up watching the same shows:nerd: I could see me and you as kids watching some Godzilla on Saturday afternoons together Charles:p

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - who let these old farts on the board? Sheesh..!

Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to watch my Beta tapes of 'Land of the Lost' in peace.

Oh, Holly .... oh, baby :nerd:

• Administrator

What if the sleestacks slipped through a wormhole, and woke up Godzilla, who started destroying the cities, and the Hulk and Steve Austin had to stop them?!?! I wanna be Megalon!

I think we would have been great friends as kids, that everyone else was a little afraid of. XD

Did anyone else have the 12" ALIEN figure from Kenner, and make it fight with Spiderman, or the Planet of the Apes guys? :nerd: You should have seen the look on the faces of the crew of the Enterprise when H. R. Giger's beasty came waltzing through the transporter! :P I mean, they thought the Romulians were trouble! :P

Did anyone else have the 12" ALIEN figure from Kenner, and make it fight with Spiderman, or the Planet of the Apes guys? :nerd:

I had all those POA guys - and the city! Not to mention all those super-types from Spidey to Aquaman.

And no, I did not play with dolls. These were ACTION FIGURES!

One of my fondest memories of my Dad was playing POA in the living room. We'd shut the door and turn out all the lights and use flashlights as the apes "spotlights." I always played the astronauts who would sneak into Ape City and rescue the others. My Dad would say ... "How come I don't get to play the good guys once in a while?" Haha. Too much fun.

• Administrator

Teako- that's awesome! The POTA's city provided many hours of fun down my way too!

I would go flashlight crazy too. Especially playing with that alien! I would turn off all the lights and have Big Jim (remember those guys?) searching for whatever "dangerous animal" had mauled all the livestock, with only his camping flashlight and a rifle. Then suddenly the Alien would rise up behind him... I would spray windex into the alien's mouth so that it had slime dripping out as it slowly extended it's inner jaw! XD

Ah, those were the days. When I finally stopped playing with these figures I really missed it, and found it kind of depressing. But my wife said it's going to take more than a week to get over it. XD

I would turn off all the lights and have Big Jim (remember those guys?)

Didn't have Big Jim (don't think). But I did have "Action Jackson!"

And yes, I had the jungle house as well.... :D

aj_junglehouse1.jpg

EDIT

Oh man. You guys have to check out this website: Mego Catalog Library

http://www.megomuseum.com/catalog/1975/pota001.shtml

This is the POTA page but just work the dates for different years or go here:

http://megomuseum.com/catalog/

Chinatown Kid

Brings back some good memories guys, I had the Bionic Man, The Hulk, Spiderman, Superman, and even one action figure called Bullet Man who wore a silver helmet shaped like the end of a bullet. I remember telling my grandfather I wanted the Chewbacca figure when he asked what i wanted for Christmas and he replied "what flavor?" He thought I was saying I wanted a chew of tobacco lol. Any of you guys remember the Stretch Armstrong doll that had the jelly like substance in it?

• Administrator
Brings back some good memories guys, I had the Bionic Man, The Hulk, Spiderman, Superman, and even one action figure called Bullet Man who wore a silver helmet shaped like the end of a bullet. I remember telling my grandfather I wanted the Chewbacca figure when he asked what i wanted for Christmas and he replied "what flavor?" He thought I was saying I wanted a chew of tobacco lol. Any of you guys remember the Stretch Armstrong doll that had the jelly like substance in it?

Wow, this thread is turning into a stroll down Memory Lane!

I also had Bullet Man (Cool helmet!) and Action Jackson. The Big Jim toys were like an all-American guy that went on rhino hunting safaris and alligator wrestling swamp trips! He was plastic like the others, but he had rubber coated arms, and when you would bend his arm at the elbow it looked like his biceps were flexing!

It's funny, the Marvel, Star Trek, and Planet of the Apes figures were all 8", Big Jim dudes were like 10", and the G.I. Joe guys were 12", so they all looked like mutants in each others worlds! I remember seeing THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, and Scotch taping tinfoil teeth onto Big Jim so he could be Jaws, and using Captain Kirk as James Bond. XD

Stretch Armstrong was Stretch Monster's bitch! Remember Stretch Monster? He was Armstrong's arch enemy- green, scaly... he kind of looked like The Hulk's enemy the Abomination. He looked so much cooler than that fancy boy S.A. :P

How about the action figure Pulsar? He wore a red and black tracksuit with a velcro closure down the front (hey, who didn't in the '70's?XD), had white hair, and a see-thru chest. All his organs were visible, and when you pushed the button on his back you could see his heart beating, lungs expanding, and the blood flowing through his veins.

Chinatown Kid

I forgot all about that Pulsar dude until you mentioned it Bob, I didn't have it but one of my cousins did. He had a glass body you could see through with all his organs showing, it was freaky looking to me as a kid.

:pI forgot about most of these till now, man it sucks getting old:(

Came across this site after doing a google search for stretch monster, and here I was thinking my kung fu obsession was a bit strangeXD

http://www.stretcharmstrongworld.com

Shit I was hoping to find a David Carradine Kung Fu stretchdoll in there. Now if I only had my original Godzilla toy I'd be a happy man.

• Administrator

Thanks for posting that CK! My favorite part was when Steve GRABS THE BLADE OF THE CHAINSAW!:)

I was a huge fan of this show. I remember this one time my Dad surprised me and took me to Kiddie City (No youngsters, they didn't sell children there. This was just like Toys R Us back in the day) to get me the Six Million Dollar Man figure. I was blown away when I saw that his skin rolled up to reveal the bionic chips inside. Soon after I got the Oscar Goldman, and I used to stand army guys on there and make it "explode". Even though the Sasquatch figure looked cool, I was disappointed by his limited articulation. But I still made him tear up a lot of other figures in his day.:D

• Administrator

Tosh- the website for that Stretch Armstrong fanatic was off the wall! I mean, to each his own, but... :o!

He'd probably say the same thing if he saw my movie collection though. XD

Chinatown Kid
Lindsay Wagner was definitely looking bangable back in the day! Funny I just saw her on an infomercial last night.

Lindsay Wagner was a total babe! She was probably one of my first crushes as a kid.....

• Administrator
Lindsay Wagner was a total babe! She was probably one of my first crushes as a kid.....

Me too. She was great in NIGHTHAWKS as well.

kingofkungfu2002

Yep same here (along with Erin Gray and Lynda Carter) :D

They're still babes. I had an opportunuty to meet Erin Gray a couple weeks ago, but never got to, money was tight (we have the same birthday).

They're still babes. I had an opportunuty to meet Erin Gray a couple weeks ago, but never got to, money was tight (we have the same birthday).

Ooooooh Erin Grey:kiss: No woman has ever filled out a polyester space suit betterXD

eringray2.jpg

erin_gray0124.jpg

WarriorWilma.jpg

Who could forget Hawk!:P

Hawk.jpg

Chinatown Kid

I remember that chick from a movie starring Robby Benson called One On One, it was about a small town high school basketball star who tries to make it on a big city college team. I always had a thing for redheads too. ;)

• Administrator
I remember that chick from a movie starring Robby Benson called One On One, it was about a small town high school basketball star who tries to make it on a big city college team. I always had a thing for redheads too. ;)

I remember her swimming topless in the pool in the CAT PEOPLE remake!:D I kept thinking- why is everyone going gaga about Nastassia Kinski? She's built like boy. :l Now Miss O'Toole on the other hand... ;)

I remember her swimming topless in the pool in the CAT PEOPLE remake!:D I kept thinking- why is everyone going gaga about Nastassia Kinski? She's built like boy. :l Now Miss O'Toole on the other hand... ;)

I had a big crush on Nastassja, I remember seeing her naked in a film(can't remember which movie now), she had those big sexy lips, still makes me want to go to RussiaXD

We should rename this thread "Everything you loved about the 70's as a kid":p

• Administrator
She's from Germany big guy not Russia, your memory is a little off.

The tip off is her dad's named Klauss. XD

Still Tosh, I hear what you're saying about her sexy lips!

As far as I'm concerned, this IS NOW the thread about "Everything you loved about the 70's as a kid"! :D

Um... SIGMUND AND THE SEA MONSTER anybody? I had the lunchbox- orange trim and handle. XD

Or how about RUN JOE RUN which starred a German Shepard. Ah, those were the days.

Archived