IVL For 2009

Shaolin Patriot

Shaolin Patriot

Does anyone know if IVL will continue to release more titles for 2009? Many of us (myself included) supported IVL and bought the Lost Souls release, in the hopes that it would boost sales and lead to future titles.

Winfred - I believe you had knowledge on this, since you knew of a Celestial executive. I sure hope they will release more on region 3, since things looks somewhat abysmal here in the US. Any further news?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

About a week ago, I heard from someone at IVL. They said that IVL has no plans to release any Shaw films in 2009. Celestial might be doing something with other companies, though.

So all that BUY LOST SOULS OR ELSE was bollocks then???

:monkey02

I was surprised to hear from IVL that they have nothing planned for 2009. I've never heard from anyone at Celestial directly, but I've heard enough from different people with connections to Celestial to believe that more Shaws are to come. You never really know what will happen, though. Just a couple months ago we were all eagerly awaiting the BCI Shaw films & now they've gone belly up. It's not a stable market, I suppose.

Looking at the email, it seems like Celestial is in the driver's seat when it comes to what gets released by IVL. To quote the email from IVL regarding future releases "it depends more on Celestial, the movie owner, as we are just the distributer and the role is rather passive."

With the current credit crunch and Hong Kong in recession, I am not surprised if no Shaw releases are planned for 2009. I am going to Hong Kong in early March for a concert so I may pop into Celestial's offices.

Shaolin Patriot
I was surprised to hear from IVL that they have nothing planned for 2009. I've never heard from anyone at Celestial directly, but I've heard enough from different people with connections to Celestial to believe that more Shaws are to come. You never really know what will happen, though. Just a couple months ago we were all eagerly awaiting the BCI Shaw films & now they've gone belly up. It's not a stable market, I suppose.

Thanks HAZ. Hopefully we'll start to see more international releases soon. As long as they include English subtitles to satisfy the Western audiences, I'll continue to buy them!

Archived