Venom flicks

inframan

shaolin drunkard

Also avenging warriors of shaolin=shaolin rescuers.

I remember times when was kid and no internet to get info about movies.Happened few times I actually ordered same movie twice because of damn re-titling.Cursed then like hell because as student then had not too much money to spend:angel:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaolin drunkard

In fighting(and story),masked avengers IMO is their finest.That in kungfu is followed by Rebel Intruders but plot in that is waterthin so did not make into my top-5 venoms.Daredevils on the other hand has really interesting storyline IMO(again) but as there is only 2 fights in movie(lo mang attacking general and end brawl) it did not make into top5 either.

Great kungfu movie is balanced with interesting story and enough fights.

DeathFuMaster

Does anyone have a complete list of new OFFICIAL R1 releases of the Venom's films(from Dragon Dynasty or Image)? Coming soon releases?

well,I think to be counted venom flick these would be needed;at least 3 venoms in main roles,chang cheh as director..and tone of movie should be dark(like it was in 5 deadly venoms) so that leaves shaolin rescuers ouf of my book.

So that would leave out Daredevils and Magnificent Ruffians as well. I do not remember those films as being dark. Both of these films have ALL 5 of the post kid with the golden arms crew. IE no Wei Pai.

I would agree that if the venom actors are not the main stars it is NOT a venoms film. NO Shaolin Temple, No Brave Archer(s). Although, It is hard to leave out 10 Tigers from Kwangtung. The venoms WERE some of the main characters.

Dunno - I'd stick with the definition "a Chang Cheh flick with at least the three taiwanese opera guys in the leading roles"... I'd leave genre and tone out of it.

You guys are just making up stuff, there is no official definition of what is or isn't a venom film. Cheng Cheh's "third team" is as close as it gets to defining the venom group.

You guys are just making up stuff, there is no official definition of what is or isn't a venom film. Cheng Cheh's "third team" is as close as it gets to defining the venom group.

Sure none of the definitions given is "official". But it's fun to "make up stuff"...:-]

It's fairly interesting to read what is everyone's idea of a "Venom flick". And most of us will probably agree that not all films that CC shot with this particular team of actors counts as a quintessential "Venom movie".

Hey Cesare, is that picture from Kid with the Golden Arm?

Of course...;-) (Though I plan to get myself a better "nonsense" signature pic...)

mistertpitydafoo

Can anyone list what order these were released in (always wanted to watch them in the order of release) plus what their "official languange" was?

I will put them in year orders:

Five Venoms aka Five Deadly Venoms

Invincible Shaolin aka Undefeated Dragon

Crippled Avengers aka Return of 5 Deadly venoms aka Mortal Combat

Shaolin Rescuers aka Avenging Warriors of Shaolin

Magnificent Ruffians aka Destroyers of the 5 Deadly Venoms

Kid With The Golden Arm (shouldn't it be golden armS-always wondered that)

Daredevils

Rebel Intruders

Two Champions of Shaolin

Flag of Iron

Masked Avengers

House of Traps

Also where does these fit in?: Ten Tigers From Kwangtung (released 1980), Life Gamble (1978) - was it released before Five Venoms? Sword Stained With Royal Blood was in 1981 and my Zoke Culture dvds of Ode to Gallantry and Legend of the Fox do not display dates on the back cover like the IVLs do so what year were these two and where do they fit in?

Thank you very much for taking the time to educate me

mistertpitydafoo

Wait I'm sorry, I'm so dumb, there is a link above that answers my question. Does anyone happen to know of a list that lists the official languages?

For me does it really matter if all 5 are in them? I mean the core "Venoms" films all have something special to them. I mean for me any combination of Kuo Choi, Lu Feng, Chiang Sheng, Lo Meng, and Sun Chien are tops for me!!

Killer Meteor
Can anyone list what order these were released in (always wanted to watch them in the order of release) plus what their "official languange" was?

I will put them in year orders:

Five Venoms aka Five Deadly Venoms

Invincible Shaolin aka Undefeated Dragon

Crippled Avengers aka Return of 5 Deadly venoms aka Mortal Combat

Shaolin Rescuers aka Avenging Warriors of Shaolin

Magnificent Ruffians aka Destroyers of the 5 Deadly Venoms

Kid With The Golden Arm (shouldn't it be golden armS-always wondered that)

Daredevils

Rebel Intruders

Two Champions of Shaolin

Flag of Iron

Masked Avengers

House of Traps

Also where does these fit in?: Ten Tigers From Kwangtung (released 1980), Life Gamble (1978) - was it released before Five Venoms? Sword Stained With Royal Blood was in 1981 and my Zoke Culture dvds of Ode to Gallantry and Legend of the Fox do not display dates on the back cover like the IVLs do so what year were these two and where do they fit in?

Thank you very much for taking the time to educate me

From the Hong Kong Film Archive and HKMDB

Five Venoms - 12/08/1978

Invincible Shaolin - 19/11/1978

Crippled Avengers - 21/12/1978

Life Gamble - 22/02/1979

Shaolin Rescuers - 24/03/1979

Daredevils - 29/06/1979

The Magnificent Ruffians - 20/09/1979

Kid With The Golden Arm - 02/11/1979

Two Champions of Shaolin - 12/04/1980

The Flag Of Iron - 14/08/1980

Rebel Intruders - 10/09/1980

Legend of the Fox - 15/11/1980

Ten Tigers of Kwantung - 20/12/1980 [Taiwanese release date]

The Sword Stained With Royal Blood - 06/03/1981

Masked Avengers - 15/05/1981

House Of Traps - 09/01/1982

Ode To Gallantry - 16/12/1982

mistertpitydafoo
From the Hong Kong Film Archive and HKMDB

Five Venoms - 12/08/1978

Invincible Shaolin - 19/11/1978

Crippled Avengers - 21/12/1978

Life Gamble - 22/02/1979

Shaolin Rescuers - 24/03/1979

Daredevils - 29/06/1979

The Magnificent Ruffians - 20/09/1979

Kid With The Golden Arm - 02/11/1979

Two Champions of Shaolin - 12/04/1980

The Flag Of Iron - 14/08/1980

Rebel Intruders - 10/09/1980

Legend of the Fox - 15/11/1980

Ten Tigers of Kwantung - 20/12/1980 [Taiwanese release date]

The Sword Stained With Royal Blood - 06/03/1981

Masked Avengers - 15/05/1981

House Of Traps - 09/01/1982

Ode To Gallantry - 16/12/1982

Thank you. Were they all Mandarin as official language or were any cantonese? I know Invincible Shaolin has both languages, so do another one or two, just wondering if they were supposed to be cantonese or mandarin?

I belive all of the venoms films (as well as most of the Shaw films in general) were in mandarin. Only Law Mong (Lo Meng) was from HK the rest from Taiwan so I don't think they even spoke cantonese.

The definition I like to use is:

"Between 1977 and 1982, Director Chang Cheh made over a dozen films with the same 5 actors and martial artists who have since been known as the Venoms and their films known as the VenomsFilms. The "5 Venoms" are Lo Meng, Lu Feng, Sun Chien, Chiang Sheng and Philip Kwok - because the 5 of them appeared in 14 films together "

the list is as venomsfreak posted

FLAG OF IRON

AVENGING WARRIORS OF SHAOLIN

TWO CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN

FIVE DEADLY VENOMS

CHINATOWN KID

CRIPPLED AVENGERS

MASKED AVENGERS

INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN

KILLER ARMY

KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM

MAGNIFICENT RUFFIANS

NINJA IN THE DEADLY TRAP

DAREDEVILS

LEGEND OF THE FOX

ODE TO GALLANTRY

SWORD STAINED WITH ROYAL BLOOD

HOUSE OF TRAPS

TEN TIGERS FROM KWANGTUNG

LIFE GAMBLE

Thanks,

VenomsFan

Official Five Deadly Venoms Fansite

IVLs Kid with the Golden Arm has missing scenes. Just noticed 1 during Golden Arm's intro at the hideout.

Archived