Any1 got nfo on this new Jackie Chan movie?

lillippa328

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HONG KONG -- Emperor Motion Pictures on Friday denied reports that the Jackie Chan drama "Shinjuku Incident" has met with resistance from the film bureau in Beijing, the government body that must approve films for release in China.

The $15 million drama, in which action star Chan plays an illegal immigrant working in Japan, originally was scheduled to open in Hong Kong and China this month.

Shot in Tokyo this year, the film now is scheduled for release in China in the first quarter of 2009, an EMP spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter.

Reports in Chinese-language media said Friday that director Derek Yee's film was refused a release permit in China because of its negative portrayal of Chinese as laborers and gangsters in Japan.

EMP denied the reports and said the film had not yet been submitted for permit approval.

"Postproduction of the film is still under way, and the film has not yet been sent to the Chinese censors," the EMP spokesperson said.

The film also stars Ken Watanabe ("Letters From Iwo Jima") and Daniel Wu ("Protege").

If it's not allowed to get released thats bullshit...wtf chinese government trying with their propaganda shit, every type of ppl have labourers and gangsters.

Politicians spoil everything too much

the Chinese government angers me, they act so strict but they always take movies way too serious . The Chinese deserve to enjoy films art and make entertainment art like the rest of the world .

especially when lot of it is pretty good even with all the restrictions placed upon their creativity.

I'm looking forward to this one. Hope for a good drama film with some action, kind of like "New Police Story" or "Crime Story", and it's got great potential especially because Hollywood hasn't ruined this particular film

I'm looking forward to this one. Hope for a good drama and it's got great potential especially because Hollywood hasn't ruined this particular film

Totally agree, the best JC are made in Asia. I enjoyed rumble in the bronx but when you see stuff like rush hour, it is a funny film but it just isn't Jackie :(

As its Hong Kong produced theres much higher chance of seeing classic Jackie Chan stunts but as it's reported as being a "drama" i wouldnt expect much of that, probably be more similar to Rob-B-Hood.

He's proven himself, to me anyway, as a very capable dramatic actor. Also, I would rather not see any fights/stunts if the story doesn't call for it. I'm very excited for it.

He's proven himself, to me anyway, as a very capable dramatic actor. Also, I would rather not see any fights/stunts if the story doesn't call for it. I'm very excited for it.

He's supposed to work as a hitman for Ken Watanabe's chacter, so I'd assume there'd be some sort of action. Though Jackie apparently described the film as "maybe one per cent action. Heavy drama."

Derek Yee is one of Hong Kong's finest directors, and he excells at both crime and drama films, so I have very high expectations for this one. it will premiere at the HKIFF in March and is supposed to open up in theaters on April 2nd. lastly, I heard it got a CAT III rating due to some apparently very graphic violence.

Archived