Mandarin Magician aka Bloody Ring - weird ending

thedirtytiger

thedirtytiger

Starring Larry Lee, nice film. I watched the US video under the Mandarin Magician title the other day released by Crash ? I think. It's wide and a nice print. However, at the end of the film, Larry has beaten the baddies and someone is calling out his name. He is looking round to see where it's coming from and then it just abruptly stops - it doesn't even say 'the end' or anything. Seems like maybe Crash were missing the final reel......? Anyone else care to comment ? Anyone have the same tape, but with more on the end ? Anybody have the ocean Shores version to compare it to ? Please let me know if you know.....Thanks. ;)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same thing watching Video Asia's release. It's in that Martial Arts Essentials: Vol 2 pack. I was just as confused.

I have the crash version with the complete ending. It ends with the teacher and the thai boxers standing at Larry Lees grave and the doctor telling them he paid for the operation.

thedirtytiger

oooooh interesting, so after the guy shouting his name, is there another fight scene, do we see Larry get killed, or just switch straight to the graveside scene ?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Markgway

Is LIU KANG in this?

The HKMDB says his is but his name isn't in the credits... unless he's using an alternate?

These are the cast names I can't match:

LUNG Chen-Tung

AN Hsi-Chun

LAN Ma-Lung

SHA Pa

Any of those an AKA for Liu Kang?

The film was made in Thailand so there's a couple of (I think) local actors I don't recognise. The girl who plays Sha Pa (yes, her character and cast name are the same) for example.

Guest Markgway

My DVD-R stops at 84:58 DURING the final fight(!)

Bizarre.

Don't s'pose someone with the "uncut" version could upload the last ten mins to You Tube...lol?

Archived