Invincible Armour (Panmedia)

Ajaxforever

Hi guys!

I just wondering is this dvd of Invincible Armour (Panmedia) anygood?

How is the picture quallity? And its uncut?

I don´t know anything of this US company Panmedia. Are their dvds anygood?

Let me know thanks!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drunkenmaster

Personally I try not to touch anything PanMedia (Spit!) put out. Desperation has made me watch a few, but the quality is normally piss poor. The word Bootleg always comes to mind. If you can get this anywhere else do so.

Panmedia is a bootleg company. Their DVD's are often poorly manufactured & either don't play or break down pretty fast. My advice to you is if you really want a Panmedia film, trade for it with someone else on the site. Or visit your local chinatown. I've found bootlegs of panmedia films for a dollar or two in chinatown. I wouldn't pay more than that for any panmedia release.

Get the Vengeance from Toby, great ! You will never see a better version of it.

Well, that's the thing - there is better:D. There's the dual-layered UK disc that's OOP (VV is apparently a single-layered copy, which is worse), but the next step is the anamorphic German disc with a Mandarin soundtrack.

It seems that the German version is OOP, the only version which I find is only the video asia version.

So I´m wondering how is the version of the video asia print? is it uncut? and is it widescreen?

What is the diffrent with the video asia print and the UK-print Ground Zero Entertainment?

Let me know guys !

Thanks

Vengeance is still available as far as i know.....

I haven't been able to get the vengeance online, but have seen a ground zero UK version (30 USD!!!!!!) but thought ground zero was a bootleg outfit (as per Video Asia) so what justifies this charge?

Who distributed the megabit version?

Can anyone clarify?

thedirtytiger

No, Ground Zero UK was proper, that was Toby. Ground Zero US isd another matter entirely. Ground Zero were the official UK distributor for Invincible Armour Megabit, but now it's out of print. IA Vengeance is the same as far as I know.....?

No, Ground Zero UK was proper, that was Toby. Ground Zero US isd another matter entirely. Ground Zero were the official UK distributor for Invincible Armour Megabit, but now it's out of print. IA Vengeance is the same as far as I know.....?

Thanks - I would get the vengeance version (even if it is DVD-5 as opposed to the DVD-9 of the megabit) as it is cheaper but cannot locate one so gonna opt for the more expensive GZ UK one.

These films are getting harder to find now so trying to get as many as possible before they go out of print...

shaolin drunkard

I am waiting my order of ; martial arts essential-films of yuen wo ping vol 1-Dance Of The Drunk Mantis - the follow up to his collabaration with Jackie Chan on Drunken Master. Considered by many to be better than the first film.

Invincible Armour - a ground breaking epic which shows Yuens masterful use of unusual techniques.

Taoism Drunkard - the whole Yuen family participates in this fantasy epic. Groundbreaking action.

Awaken Punch- Yuen Wo Pings no holds barred brand of brutal action is on display. This is from the Bruce Lee era and the action reflects the period.

Kung Fu Massacre - a modern day epic which shows Yuen's versatility. Starring one of his future producers.

Born Invincible - Yuen's teaming up with director Joseph Kuo has produced a masterpiece in martial arts cinema. One of the top 10 films of the genre.

and vol 2:Snuff Bottle Connection

Shaolin Drunkard

From China With Death

Close Encounter With The Vampire

Dynamo

Bloody Fists (aka Death Beach)

I hope at least most of those are decent versions.

I am waiting my order of ; martial arts essential-films of yuen wo ping vol 1-Dance Of The Drunk Mantis - the follow up to his collabaration with Jackie Chan on Drunken Master. Considered by many to be better than the first film.

Invincible Armour - a ground breaking epic which shows Yuens masterful use of unusual techniques.

Taoism Drunkard - the whole Yuen family participates in this fantasy epic. Groundbreaking action.

Awaken Punch- Yuen Wo Pings no holds barred brand of brutal action is on display. This is from the Bruce Lee era and the action reflects the period.

Kung Fu Massacre - a modern day epic which shows Yuen's versatility. Starring one of his future producers.

Born Invincible - Yuen's teaming up with director Joseph Kuo has produced a masterpiece in martial arts cinema. One of the top 10 films of the genre.

and vol 2:Snuff Bottle Connection

Shaolin Drunkard

From China With Death

Close Encounter With The Vampire

Dynamo

Bloody Fists (aka Death Beach)

I hope at least most of those are decent versions.

Decent is a good word, I have vol one and watched most of them.

Drunk Mantis, the picture is squished, it is widescreen this time though, the previous relese was fullscreen, good quality but everyone looks real skinny.

Invincible Armour, probably the best picutre quality of the set but the sound is really low. I fell asleep watching it once and the other movie on that disc is the loudest of the set so when it switched movies it was a rude awakening, literaly.

Taoism Drunkard, fullscreen but decent

Born Invincible, fullscreen, good quality, great movie

didn't watch the others yet.

I am waiting my order of ; martial arts essential-films of yuen wo ping vol 1-

Just for the record, TAOISM DRUNKARD has come out in a new DVD from the Fortune Star Legendary Collection line of new Golden Harvest releases.

Hi Guys!

It seem that the Uk version and the german version of invincible armour is out of print.

The only version I find is The video asia. So I want to know if this verison anygood? I have heard that it has speed delay during every single fight in the movie, is that true?

And also is this version uncut and has widescreen?

Let me know!

Thanks

It's alright (besides, it's the only game in town, unless you can find one of the other versions). It is widescreen (1.85:1). Color's good, but there's plenty of speckles, dirt, etc.. on the print. You're fondness for English dubs may increase or decrease your enjoyment.

Don't know about cuts; the disc info says this runs at 110 minutes.

I have the Video Asia version and dont remember any major issues with it. Not sure about cuts either, its the only version Ive ever seen. The picture quality is probably the the best of any of their releases. Years ago somebody here on the forum told me Video Asia "used" (rips off) the same prints as Vengeance in the UK.

Ajax

HKFLIX has the UK version its a bit pricey but cheaper than some places I've seen. Gonna get 1 myself. These films are only going to get rarer thanks to the boots and torrent sites...

Archived