No CGI, No Stunt Doubles, No Strings Attached(Yeah Right)

Lionclaw

That tag line for Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong are really starting to annoy me. Don't get me wrong, I own and enjoy the action un these movies very much but that slogan keeps picking at me. The guy George and the boss(aka needle guy), both have clearly seen stunt doubles. In Tum Yum Goong tony jaa nees an old guy through some glass and in the making they even admit to using stunt doubles. Same for the bmx guys. They also have cgi seens but I dont think that counts as much. So my question is does the whole slogan only apply to Jaa or is a just a bum lie to help sales?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They did mean just the Jaa. Lewis Phantana (aka Needle Guy LOL) had doubles in both Ong-Bak and Born to Fight. Dan Chupong is another of Panna's boys who doesn't rely heavily on wires or CGI tricks.

Guest Markgway

The same tactic as Rumble in the Bronx's fallacious "No stuntman, No equal" campaign.

At least Tony Jaa actually did all his own stunts... lol

The big question is whether Ong Bak 2 will have some decent choreography, or will it be the same 'one move at a time' thing that the previous films have done? I'm all for seeing Jaa's incredible stunts, but I yearn for a lot more depth in the fights. They just become repetitive a lot of the time.

Maybe I'm getting older, but these days I don't seem to get that huge feeling of adrenaline when a big MA fight is portrayed on screen. The last time I did was the fight with Wu Jing and Sammo Hung in SPL. I'm hoping that it will be the same with Ip Man.

Tony Jaa is hugely talented, He DOES ALL HIS OWN STUNTS,HE DOESNT NEED ANYONE TO DO THEM FOR HIM...what you see him do on screen is Real, not Faked..he doesnt need CGI...

of course some of the actors in the movie used stunt guys, what would you expect them to do.?:P

Archived