Ip Man 2

Milkyway

doug maverick

would love to see, donnie vs.jet, when those to get together its like, miles davis and john coltrain. fucking amazing.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay Chou loses role as Bruce Lee

Kung fu epic "Ip Man" produced dazzling results and a sequel will be made. Taiwanese pop idol Jay Chou, a Bruce Lee's fan, will not get to act as his idol in "Ip Man 2" because "the sequel will not feature Bruce Lee", producer of the film Raymond Wong explained.

Wong said that "Ip Man 2" will focus on the life story of Ip Man, the Wing Chun grandmaster and also Bruce Lee's master, in Hong Kong after the war. The story will not extend to Ip's old age days and thus will not feature Lee; his clarification also smashed previous rumors which said the role will be a fight between Chou and Hong Kong actor Chan Kwok Kwan.

The region wide popularity of the film has raised market value of male lead Donnie Yen; despite that, he will charge Wong a "friendship price" for the sequel and thus will be kept as the lead of the film.

"Ip Man 2" will be shot in China in July.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/xin/20090318/ten-818-jay-chou-loses-role-bruce-lee-3c1b9bc.html

wrewdedededewdedewdedwed

great news. I don't want to see a decrepit Donnie Yen in his old age just so we can have Jay Chou do hip hop on screen. What's more, Jay chou may insist on having a rap song as the main theme.

Let Jay Chou hip hop with Tony Leung and WKW instead :)

doug maverick

shit; everyon is missing the poin. it is now official donnie is the king of asian action cinema.but waiting to ay that since i was nine years old and im 24 now. seriously long time coming.

drunkenmaster
shit; everyon is missing the poin. it is now official donnie is the king of asian action cinema.but waiting to ay that since i was nine years old and im 24 now. seriously long time coming.

It has taken so long because on the way Donnie has made so many mediocre films. ;)

I don't mind a bit of no-shirt Donnie, but let's face it some of his films are pretty duff.

I have a question.......... where do I go about getting Ip Man on DVD? I want to see Donnie Yen because I admire and respect his work so much:-(())

It has taken so long because on the way Donnie has made so many mediocre films.

mediocre films, mediocre opportunities.

Guest Yi-Long

Like I said before, a 30-year old ugly popsinger shouldnt be portraying a teenage martial artist. IF they want to have Bruce Lee in any of these biopics, he should be portrayed by a teenage actor who can pull of that role convincingly.

A press conference for Ip Man 2 was held on 31 March and filming will begin in August. Raymond Wong says Bruce Lee will not be in the sequel but action director, Sammo Hung will have an acting part, playing a Hung Kuen master of another school and will fight against Donnie Yen. Lynn Hung, Fan Siu Wong and Gordon Lam will return too.

20090401022105454703.gif

20090401022106510436.gif

20090401022107075505.gif

20090401022107561546.gif

20090401022108011636.gif

Donnie vs Sammo again, it looks like they're going to pull out all the stops to improve upon the first film.

Sammo Hung Steps in Front of the Silver Screen To Challenge Donnie Yen in Ip Man 2

-- Ip Man 2 --

At Ip Man pre-production press conference held on March 31, it's announced that Ip Man 2 would commence filming officially in August 2009. Producer Raymond Wong and director Wilson Yip express confidence for the sequel which has a bigger budget - 100m yuan, saying that the sequel will be even more exciting.

The sequel is set in 1949, right after Ip Man arrives in Hong Kong and is about how Ip Man introduces and propagates Wing Chun in the region, and taking in a few disciples. So, in terms of timeline, there won't be Bruce Lee, and they hope that there would be Bruce Lee in Ip Man 3. While the initial plot outlines for both are done, they would not be shooting Ip Man 3, which would involve Bruce Lee, back to back with Ip Man 2 as previously intended, as they haven't finalised negotiations with Bruce Lee descendants on the rights.

Above all, martial arts choreographer Sammo Hung - the mystery heavyweight actor mentioned before - will be playing a Hung Gar master in the sequel, and will again be going toe to toe - or rather, finger to finger as the case might be - with Donnie Yen since SPL. Sammo Hung says, "As boss didn't pay me in the first, I wouldn't appear in front of the screen. This time I'm getting paid, so I'll be playing a role too."

In Hong Kong, Wing Chun, as taught by Yip Man, is being viewed as a kungfu meant only for girls, while Sammo Hung's Hung Gar is being seen as a macho form of boxing, resulting in exchanges, conflicts and rivalry between the two, with major clash between the two screen titans being main highlight of the sequel.

Fan Siu Wong and Lam Ka Tung will continue to reprise their roles in Ip Man 2. Lam Ka Tung's Li Zhe will be enlisted in the police force once again in Hong Kong while Fan Siu Wong's Jin Shan Zhao will turn over a new leaf and retire from the martial arts world (or more appropriately brigandage), becoming an ordinary citizen, and making friends with Yip Man.

With his latest 2 films, Painted Skin and Ip Man, ruling the roost at the box office, Donnie Yen, has become a "hot commodity", and apart from a share of profits, is getting a substantial pay rise from 10m yuan to 15m yuan for Ip Man 2, says, "Ip Man is indeed my landmark production, this is the first time I'm getting nomination for Best Actor award. I'm grateful to the director, for giving me so much room, presenting an unseen side of Donnie Yen, and also broadening my acting career. It's also very rare for a kungfu film to receive 12 nominations.

"I was even approached this year to be in a romance this year. However, I had to decline due to schedule conflicts. This year, I wish to challenge different roles, to go beyond the limits of my histrionics, so the characters I accept have to give the audience a different feel.

"Currently, I'll be shooting 4 films this year: Dark October (Teddy Chan), Imperial Guard (Daniel Lee), Yip Man 2 (Wilson Ip), and another one - actually it's two, but I have to make a choice between them. I'm still thinking over it, but I'll definitely do one of them. If there are other scripts, they'd have to wait till next year.

"But my main focus is Ip Man 2, it's still in scripting phase. His life undergoes tremendous changes in Hong Kong, and his mentality also changes as well but he still keeps a humble and low-profile life. But he will face more events."

Meanwhile, Gordon Chan indicates that he's still working on the film Chen Zhen and intends to invite Donnie Yen, who has given verbal agreement, to play the eponymous martyr, "We all know that Huo Yuan Jia has a disciple, his name and status, but no one knows exactly what kind of person he is."

http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/634-Sammo-Hung-Steps-in-Front-of-the-Silver-Screen-To-Challenge-Donnie-Yen-in-Ip-Man-2.html

filming begins in August, a theatrical release in Hong Kong perhaps by end of year, the dvd and blu-ray release a few months into 2010. sounds great!

Andy to fight Donnie Yen in Ip Man 2?

Last year, Donnie Yen’s Ip Man done very well at the box office as it managed to collect more than $1.3 billion in China and Hong Kong. Seizing the popularity, Mandarin Films Limited had decided to shoot a sequel for Ip Man.

Ip Man 2 will start shooting in August as the script is in the finally work. With the success of Ip Man, other than Donnie Yen, other actors which includes Lynn Hung, Lam Ka Tung and Louis Fan will remains.

To add more flavors to the sequel, new elements will be added as action director Sumo Hung will be added to the cast to be Hung fists leader, he will have several fighting scenes with Donnie.

Other than handling Sumo, reliable sources that he will be fighting another kung fu expert that will be played by Andy Lau. It’s pointed out that Mandarin Films Limited had tailor made a Wing Chun fist expert role for Andy. The character will be of the different generation with Ip Man.

When reporter called in to rectify if Andy will be added to the cast of Ip Man 2, a conservative answer was given, “We did thought about it, but the details will be finalize after the script is finalize in May before any confirmation, we can only confirm that the original cast of the first movie remains, new additions is also very important as it concentrate on the development of Ip Man in Hong Kong.”

http://www.andylausounds.com/?p=784

Andy Lau may be a decent enough actor, but he blows chunks as a fighter.

Another Sammo vs Yen fight is good enough news though, I'd like to see the rematch of SPL.

Guest Yi-Long

A shame about Andy being in there. He's an OK actor when cast in the right role, but he has no business doing any martial arts.

I'm not saying it's impossible that he could surprise us, but I'd prefer it if they'd just cast a talented screenfighter instead.

For a actor that does not actually know any martial arts, i think he look`s convincing. Just see his tv-series Return of the Condor Heroes (83), The Duke of Mount Deer (84) and the film Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars. I think Andy will do a good job if he is cast in this film.

________

Avandia classaction

Donnie Yen's anticipated collaboration with Andy

Mandarin Films Limited will start the shooting of sequel of Ip Man in August, although its still 4 months away but director Wilson Yip had already started arranging secret weapons, other than allowing Donnie Yen to continue show off his agility, he thought of inviting Andy Lau to be a martial arts expert to have a life-death battle with Donnie.

With regards to Andy joining the cast of Ip Man 2, the media contacted director Wilson Yip for clarification, conservatively he said: “Did thought about it, but details can only be finalize after the script is done up in May, I can say that the original cast of part 1 will remain, the new addition is also very important, the story will focus on Ip Man after he came to Hong Kong.”

Wilson admitted that he admired Andy’s acting and hope to have some sparks on the silver screen by collaborating with him, he said: “I would like to collaborate with Andy, he’s a recognized good actor, he's explosive no matter if its a relax or cool character, he can take up any role, he can also bring up the emotion of the audience, very influential.” He once again stress that he will only reveal the details after the script had been confirmed.

Ip Man 2 producer Raymond Wong hope that the new film will retain some mystery color, he would welcome Andy to join the cast, he said: “If he’s willing to join the cast, I would surely be delighted.”

Donnie said: “If Andy really joins the cast, of course I’ll be anticipating it because I have never collaborated with him, but I’m not sure if a deal will be done as Andy is very busy, if I can have a fighting scene with him, it will be very interesting.”

http://www.andylausounds.com/?p=798

Archived